Kindle Unlimited Sale

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Jan Ahlmann, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Jan Ahlmann

Jan Ahlmann Well-Known Member
    Registered

Andrea Lindsey and John Brunner like this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yes, that is what i do to renew my subscription each year. Instead of the monthly charge, I renew annually by gifting a subscription to myself. I read a lot and love Kindle Unlimited, and it is a good way to find out if a book is worth spending the money to purchase.
    I also keep the book after I borrowed it and if I see it go on sale on Amazon Kindle Store, then I buy the book. I have a huge Kindle library !

If you have never had Kindle Unlimited, you can try it free for two months right now, too; so that is a good way to see if you will use it.

Andrea Lindsey and Jan Ahlmann like this.
  3. Jan Ahlmann

Registered

I cancelled my Kindle Unlimited subscription (I had a month to month) and then got the 2 months free and then did the two year sale. I'm good until sometime in 2026! I didn't know about this annual sale. I was doing some research to see if a new Oasis was coming out, and stumbled on this site.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I find it impossible to do my serious reading on a Kindle or any other reader. I have got to hold that book in my hands, no joke. Otherwise I simply read snippets of stuff on this computer. I adore my books and have reams of them. No junk, all good solid novels usually based on actual events and people.

5. Jan Ahlmann

Registered

I didn’t think I’d like an eReader when they first came out, but wanted to try it, so I bought a used one on Amazon and never looked back! This was back in the early 2000s and I’ve worn out several since then.

Whichever way we go about it, it’s just all about the reading. That’s the important thing. I think one of the greatest gifts we can give a child is the love of reading, and that comes from setting the example.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

You are so right, Jan. I come from a family of readers.

Andrea Lindsey and Jan Ahlmann like this.
  7. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I didn’t think I would like an e-reader neither because I love reading from a physical book; holding it, cracking the first page open and the smell of fresh pages. But as time went on, I noticed the print had gotten much smaller and the light around me seemed not be as bright for reading. :rolleyes: I was always leaning like a plant towards a light source; lamp or sunny window.

Now...years later. I love an e-reader simply because I can adjust the lighting, font, and download a book in an instant. E-books are a good thing for old eyes.:)

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I also love my Kindles. It's so handy to keep one downstairs and one upstairs, and they both sync to my last page read so I can just pick one up and there's my current read. Plus it's great to be able to "carry around" hundreds of books in one small device. I will never get over my love of books and libraries, but an e-reader definitely works for me.

9. Jan Ahlmann

Registered

I like having the Kindle app on my phone, too.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  10. Jan Ahlmann

Registered

3X Kindle points today!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Rather than start a new thread for this slightly different topic I thought I would add it here and keep Kindle books info together. It's another way to stretch our reading budgets.

Amazon First Reads. https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/firstreads?shoppingPortalEnabled=true

It's a new book (most are not yet released) free for Prime members. There are usually 9-10 books to choose from different categories. A couple of times a year they give two books free and that is the case this month. If the book is not yet released it is a pre-order and the date you will get it is listed. If you're a Prime member check it out.

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is a great benefit, and I look forward to it each month, @Vada Bloom ! In January, we got two free books instead of one, and there was a Dean Koontz book on the list, so I definitely got that one.

Andrea Lindsey likes this.