Ken's Boring Life

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I got up at 2 pm today, but lately, I've been going to bed after the sun comes up, and still reading for a while before going to sleep. I didn't notice what time it was when I went to bed this morning, but I think I still got plenty of sleep. I need to mow the lawn for the first time this year but, fortunately, it rained all day yesterday and everything is still very wet, so I think I can let it go until tomorrow. There is nothing exciting on the agenda today. I've already cleaned the cat litter boxes and that was intended to be the highlight.

2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I am not bored, exactly. Maybe a little guilt ridden because I and mine have it so good.
    I have things set up in that I don't have to worry about much. (I am not happy with the quality of feed, But this time of year, even cat can go out and find enough) I don't have horses right now so food and water can wait a while.
    We are old so don't have to go out and buy stuff. We have more stuff than we need and donate it. often.
    I am tired of all the outward threats. So I can watch reruns and my collections of movies and such.
    I went out to lunch with some friends today. It was fun. And the weather wasn't too hot.
    I put off doing more than I should but this week is supposed to be unseasonably cool. That must have been the reason.:rolleyes:

3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe I should create some forum drama today. :) I hate to see you bored and the highlight of your day cleaning cat litter boxes. :rolleyes: Naw, on second thought, creating drama requires to much energy and my energy is on the low side today. :(

4. Ken Anderson

I have to start going to bed a little earlier because I'm sleeping too late. Today, I got up around noon, watched YouTube stuff for about an hour and then began preparing for my SMART Recovery meeting tonight, which I have just returned from.

5. Ken Anderson

It looks like another day of rain. Other than working on the directory and checking in with the forum, I don't think there'll be much going on today.

6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Raining here too, @Ken Anderson. A bit of a drag as we are still trying to get gardens in.

7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I am enjoying watching North Woods Law. I learned a lot about Maine outdoors and now learning about New Hampshire. I have never been back that far in the USA so I find this series interesting.

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We have watched North Woods Law also. It something else what those Wardens go thru. People will lie to them quite a bit, but with their extensive training, they pretty much know when they are being lied to.

9. Ken Anderson

After getting to bed at a reasonable time one night, I'm back to going to bed after the sun comes up. I'd rather not do that but it seems that I don't have enough stuff done by midnight, so I have to keep going. Of course, a part of that problem is that when I go to bed at 5 am, I get up past noon, so there's not a lot of time to get stuff done.

Today was another SMART Recovery meeting day, although only one person showed up in person, and another online. Still, it's an enjoyable time. I wouldn't mind a few more people, though.

I'm watching YouTube videos and working on the directory right now, and will probably be doing this until whatever time I go to bed. We haven't eaten supper yet, but I expect that will be coming soon.

10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

My sleep habits have not been the best, either.

Regarding those solo recovery meetings...I've been to more 12 Step meetings than I can count, and have been in a few where there were only 2 of us. I kind of enjoyed those. They had a different flavor...and there ain't no hidin'.

11. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My daily nap taking is always after 12 but I try to do it around 3 so I can watch Judge Judy for two hours and if really tired I will fall asleep for an hour or two. I don't want to sleep so much that I can't fall asleep later. Last few days I have been watching past Indy Car races on youtube.

Ken Anderson and John Brunner like this.
  12. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

After putting in the beans yesterday, it started raining today so I am good with it. Rain has been kinda sparse around here.

13. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Not sparse here but in this exact location it has been going north or south of us so we have missed the last two storms. We see the clouds and in some cases hear the thunder but it totally misses us. Two days ago there was one storm right on the Gulf moving west and had 70 mile an hour winds. Internet went down after midnight and was off until 7:30pm next evening. This morning it was cloudy in the west but the sun is out here and will be mid 90s before the day is over.

14. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm experimenting with a way to both stay up late and get up early. Sleep in 2 sessions—one in the afternoon when it's hottest outside, and one around 3 am. The hardest one is at 3 am. I tend to stay up well past daylight. Then everything is messed up for that day.

15. Ken Anderson

Our power went out a half hour ago, the whole city's, and not just ours, which makes me feel better somehow. Besides being a hot day with no breeze, I'm not sure what's going on. Oddly, it began as a brownout. Some things on the same circuit would work, but not others, some lights would come on but dimly, and things like the shredder would show power but not enough to operate. Now, everything is out, but I can operate as long as my MacBook and iPhone still have power. I can get at least 18 hours on my MacBook since it has a full charge, but I don't know how long my iPhone will hold out. It doesn't have a full charge, and I've noticed that it uses considerably more power when it's being used as a hotspot.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
    Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.