January Blues

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Patsy Faye, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Where are you located, @Tex Dennis ? I presume Texas. Does the water freeze where you live? What do y'all catch in January?

My hubby and my brother used to break the ice around the edge of the river to go crappie fishing. I enjoy fishing but not quite that much. :)

Hedi Mitchell and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

Our big lakes do not freeze just maybe a little around the edges. It would really take some major cold to do that, I am an hour east of Dallas on I30. All we fish for is striped bass all with lures, no live bait.

Don Alaska, Faye Fox and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Caitlin D Burnside

Caitlin D Burnside Well-Known Member
    Registered

Aye, the JANUARY BLUES typical time early in the New Year.

The weather and sunlight are huge factors. Most problems are lack of daylight which has been diminishing since the Winter Time from around 21 December each year, a circle cycle, of course.

There's also different types of Blues have noticed in other people over years and years in my adulthood. The biggest downside to January every years is The Holiday Blues aka the debts which arrive in the form of credit card bills.

Never bothering to have such items, my January months are free of these. However, I've seen how it affected some of my friends and acquaintances.

I usually consider February my biggest Blue month as I've lost my beloved Papa on Valentine's Day. In January of 2017, I'd lost my precious son to a cruel disease. So, not affected much by the lack of sunlight. Due to eye conditions I'm always best comfortable in the dark.

I also wrote most of my stories at night, it's really the quietest time to get in touch with your guides to be creative. Aye, maybe I'm weird but it is what it is LOL.

February, I believe is another blue month as most of us, depending where we live, are fed up of the snow, the slush, the indoor heating... Only a few things brightens up this month for most Valentine's Day and Ground Hog Day. Although, the latter can be depressing if Phil sees another 6 weeks of winter weather. Bummer!

Even though it isn't something I've experienced for long, Sugar Bush Days Out where you enjoyed nature's own syrup, served hot on the remaining winter's snow. Awww memories... Sweet!

This February 2024 has an extra day, oh the horrors but as it still the shortest month, we know that it'll be over soon and March will roll in with St Patrick's Day just a fortnight away.

Anyway, let's brighten up things with this...

Attached Files:

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Often we can tap trees starting in March which starts next week:) but the trees don't look ready just yet.
    Today is sunny so I'm good.
    I definitely have down days, weeks, months...but now that I am older, the down times are not regular or associated with a date. Haven't actually figured out what triggers it past the crappy weather. My life is just one foot ahead of the other.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

thinking of you thru February