Is The Wireless Mouse A Good Mouse

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Krissttina Isobe, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:I someday will get me a computer probably a laptop for it's real easy to use and store. I don't like the touchpad though on the laptop. I'm puzzled about getting a wireless mouse or not. Which is better a wireless mouse or the wired mouse? I like logitech mouses the best. :rolleyes:

2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I have been using wireless mice for many years as they work as well if not better than wired ones and have the freedom of no cable to get all tangled up. The ones I am currently using are Anker and Technet but the Logitech one gets good reviews as well.

[​IMG]

Bill Boggs and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, although I don't use a mouse any more....I did have a wireless one and still do, but it just sits there now....probably dead.:)

Krissttina Isobe and Terry Page like this.
  4. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I blame it on the cat

[​IMG]

5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I've used both wired and wireless mouses and keyboards. I've never had a technical issue with the wireless ones, and although I hate cords, I have found that the cost of batteries outweighs the convenience of cordless accessories. I tend to stick to Logitech, regardless of whether the accessories are corded or cordless, and have found them to be good quality products. I have been using Track balls for years, and they work with my tendinosis, tendinitis and carpal tunnel better than standard mouses. I've used the type with the ball to the side, as well as this one I'm currently using, and have alternated the two without any issues. Here's the one I'm currently using, and based on what i just saw with my Qmee links, Walmart has the cheapest price. Mouse link

6. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

In the middle of 2015, our home computer's keyboard retired. Some keys were not working anymore. I bought a cheap keyboard for only $5. It is made in China, all right, but it works and it's very cheap so I bought it. As an added come on is the free mouse, a wireless mouse at that. What a bargain, huh. By the way, the keyboard is also wireless. After a week, the keyboard is still working well but the mouse is developing some problems. And the snag is caused by the remote link which signal is maybe interrupted by the computer itself. To make the story short, our home computer has a wireless keyboard and a corded mouse.

Krissttina Isobe and Bill Boggs like this.
  7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

....and then there's the Wireless Kite!:eek:
    [​IMG]

Krissttina Isobe and Bill Boggs like this.
  8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

"probably dead" Oh, my, you killed your mouse?
    Reminded me of my wife's tale of her sister waking up one morning, swinging her legs over the edge of the bed, and stepping on something
    "naht quaht raht",as those Hoosiers said it. The household cat had deposited the HEAD of the childrens' hamster by her bed, assumably after eating it!

(edited: I hate mis-spells!)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

This is an old thread, so I don't expect Corie to reply, but I'm also having problems with wireless mice, and wonder if an interrupted signal could be the problem.

The first one was an ONN brand. Almost immediately the cursor started jumping to the bottom right corner of the monitor screen, would freeze for a few seconds, then work again. Could never solve the problem.

Then I tried a Logitech. If you get your finger close to the scroll wheel it will scroll just a little bit, making images on webpages swell and contract. It's hard to even explain. Makes it almost impossible to resize images, because it will shift to the next image in the folder while you're resizing.

I'm about ready to go back to a wired mouse. At least when it drops on the floor you can pull it back with the wire, rather than crawl around on your hands and knees looking for it under the desk. :)

Could it be a coincidence, two bad ones in a row? Anyone else have strange problems with wireless mice? Is it bluetooth? Apparently there are such things as Wi-Fi mice. Anyone have one of those?

10. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Nancy Hart likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Both work fine. I prefer wired, but then it all depends on how many USB ports you have on your computer. You shouldn't have any trouble with either, though.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I love a wireless mouse! But, like a wired mouse, you have to have an open usb for it.

13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Not if you have Bluetooth.

14. Nancy Hart

Registered

Thanks Thomas. I waste a lot of time solving griddler picture puzzles. The example below has 1750 squares which must be filled in either black or white, to make a picture. It requires the precision of a mouse to fill in these tiny squares on a monitor screen. I can't do it with a trackpad. :(

upload_2023-7-3_12-38-5.png

Thomas Windom likes this.
  15. Nancy Hart

Registered

Both my wireless mice came with a thing they call a dongle. It has to be plugged into a usb port. I have a desktop that's supposed to support bluetooth. :confused: Is there another way?