Is Anyone Watching The Ranch On Netflix?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Diane Lane, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Apparently it's a Netflix original series (not a movie, which is why I didn't put it in the Netflix movie thread), and I stumbled upon it the other day. It has big names in it, for instance, Sam Elliott, Debra Winger and Ashton Kutcher. I was looking for a movie on Netflix last night and came across it. I don't have the time I'd like to dedicate to it right now, but once I finally cut the cord, I want to delve into it, so I've added it to my list of things to watch. Here's a review of it: https://www.yahoo.com/news/ranch-review-sam-elliott-debra-001328840.html

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I just started watching it yesterday. It's well done, although, for some reason, it's not one that I am inclined to binge-watch. I like it, and I will watch it, but only a few episodes at a time. There's a little more sexual innuendo than necessary, I think, but more so in the first episode than in any of the subsequent episodes that I've seen. I think I've watched four so far, maybe five. I like that Netflix, Amazon.com, and Hulu are producing professional series and movies, as that makes cutting the cord that much easier, not that I'd ever go back to network TV anyhow.

Ruby Begonia and Diane Lane like this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

Oh good, glad to know that won't be the predominant theme. I don't mind a little here and there, but it seems most of the mainstream shows have too much of that, and rely on it to draw in audiences. I'm hoping The Ranch focuses on good writing and acting. I hadn't heard of the show until I was looking around for a movie the other night, and it looks like one I'll at least check out, and hopefully will like.

4. Diane Lane

Registered

I watched two or three episodes. There were some good parts, and I like some of the actors, but it just wasn't for me. If I wanted to watch Ashton Kutcher re-live his Two and a Half Men role (and just about every other role he's played), with immature and crude sexual innuendos, I would watch those shows. I think it's time for him to move past his Animal House phase and engage in some adult (but not necessarily innuendo-laced) dialogue. I'm disappointed, because I really wanted to enjoy the show.