Irobot Vacuum?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Ina I. Wonder, Jan 14, 2016.

1. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Wife and I just bought an upscale refrigerator for a four figured amount. When it came time for the extended warranty part, of course we didn't take it as we never do. If the thing conked the day after the regular warranty died, we'd still be financially ahead considering all of the extended warranties we've not taken over the past decades.

2. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Oh, and by the way, robot vacuum cleaners is on my list of things that are designed and manufactured for one purpose, and that is to make life miserable. The seem to be equipped with a sort of electronic ability to find parts of the room to get stuck under something. When my wife gets hers out in my presence I jump up and get the vacuum cleaner. Perhaps in a room with no cabinets, tables, furniture etc.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I own 2 robot vacs; one for upstairs and one for downstairs. They are the best money I have ever spent and actually do a very good job of picking up dust and small debris. Now that I've owned them for a while, I regret not buying the vac/mop combo machine for downstairs. There are mostly wood floors down there.

4. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

No. I don't have the mop but two roombas...one for the bedroom and bathroom and another for the living-room/ diner-room and the kitchen. I ran both every two-three days and twice each month I use an acrylic mop to go around the borders. My first roomba is about 5 years old and the second is two years old.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I use my iPhone app to control ours. For me, it sure beats the heck out of bending over and sweeping with a broom. There are a few preparation things I have to do, before I put "Hazel" to work, but not much. Pick up all rugs and make sure there nothing on the floors that "Hazel" would run into..........except, obviously, furniture. I don't use "Hazel" in either of the bathrooms, because they are too small. Broom/dustpan there.

As far as the Extended Warranty goes, we both decide if we want the Extended Warranty on an item. Items like our Blu-Ray DVD Player (yes), our TV Ears (yes) and some other higher-priced things, yes. Not, not everything we buy.

OR, let's put it this way, if we could afford a Molly Maid Service, we would do that, but, since we can't...........

Beth Gallagher and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Still looking at the iRobot mop, along with a bottle of iRobot Cleaning Solution and Washable Cleaning Pads for it. All on Amazon. The mop will get under our bed, whereas I'd have to get down on my hand/knees to use the Swifter mop to do that.

My wife is all for me getting this mop, but then again, she is working on her job in spare bedroom, when I'm using "Hazel" our iRobot vacuum.

Now, if I could find something like an iRobot Duster, that would operate by remote control. LOL

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Beth, will let you know how the mop does..........just bought one on Amazon, the 240 one. Also bought reusable/washable pads and the cleaning solution.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, Beth, I'm using my iRobot Braava Jet 240 "Mabel" right now. It's pretty simple to use, but does take awhile to mop due to the small size of it. We bought it, extra reusable/washable pads and a gallon of cleaning solution on Amazon.

One thing for sure, it beats the heck out of the back-breaking job of hand mopping, just like using our iRobot Roomba beats the heck out of the back-breaking chore of vacuuming.

Nope, definitely not going back. Keeping this little helper!!

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Is it small enough to maneuver behind the toilet and stuff? Glad you're happy with it.

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

It looks small enough, but will let you know. Monday I do both bathrooms. I have each weekend off from cleaning and so does "Hazel" and "Mabel". LOL

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I was thinking that if I have to drag out the mop to do spots where the robot won't go I might as well do the whole thing anyway. :D