Interesting Article About Persistent Covid Infection

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Thomas Windom, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I initially thought this virus would turn out to be similar to influenza in many ways. It’s beginning to look like it’s a whole different critter with some very concerning behaviors.

“SARS-CoV-2 infection is clinically heterogeneous, ranging from asymptomatic to deadly. A few patients with COVID-19 appear to recover from acute viral infection but nevertheless progress in their disease and eventually die, despite persistent negativity at molecular tests for SARS-CoV-2 RNA.

Together, these findings indicate that SARS-CoV-2 infection can persist significantly longer than suggested by standard PCR-negative tests, with specific infection of specific cell types in the lung.“

Basically, these folks tested negative by conventional means (nasal swabs, etc.) but at autopsy, specific cell types in the lung tissue were found to be infected with the virus. This is a weird virus.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36651103/

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Since I have believed that this was an engineered virus from the beginning, I never expected it to act as a naturally-occurring virus would. In the back of my mind, I feel that it was a crude attempt by the Chinese to engineer a gene-specific pathogen. If that is the case, some who were carrying a target gene would be affected, perhaps severely, while those not carrying the target gene would be affected very little. I think it was an accidental release of a not-yet-perfected bioweapon. The U.S. government knew this as well, and that was why there was such a panic at the beginning of the pandemic.

My conspiracy brain at work.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is a post from another forum. I have no way of checking its veracity, but it supports the "targeted gene" theory many of us have held for so long.

Oldest brother had a stroke 2 weeks after a booster shot. Oldest sister had a heart attack, 2 weeks after a booster. Next in line, kidney function is failing. Next has blood clots. Next in line, he had to have stents. Next, she's okay, so far. On and on. There are 8 boys and 3 girls. It's gonna be me and one of my older brothers left because he and I aren't idiots. It breaks my heart that the Government is killing my family.

As an aside, I ran stats on infection rates in Virginia counties, ranging in population density, from 4 per mi² to 8,500 per mi². To my surprise, reported infection rates were all in the range of 11%-13%. Assuming that genotypes (if that's the proper term) are evenly distributed, then distancing (or not) makes zero difference...you are either of a targeted type, or you are not.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I know the Chinese are working on this technology, but I have no idea how far along they have gotten...with us financing, at least in part, the technology of our own destruction.

John Brunner likes this.
  5. Thomas Windom

Registered

Yeah, the 6 foot rule is a joke. I have no idea who thought up that gem. The key factor is whether you are in a confined space with infected people. And it can be a pretty large space. One paper I read said they found no significant difference in particle exposure at 60 feet than from 6 feet. Outside is a different story. Here’s just a quick reference.

https://www.epa.gov/coronavirus/indoor-air-and-coronavirus-covid-19

Bobby Cole, Nancy Hart and Don Alaska like this.
  6. John Brunner

I believe it was something just made up during the Spanish Flu to give the illusion of control, so the CDC went with it for this one. My concern is vaccine shedding. Second to that is my concern for getting diabetes. There is a study that says my not being vaxxed increases the chances of that happening should I get COVID. link

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I don't think I would worry about getting diabetes as a result of Covid. The vaccine bypassed the immune system, so THAT might have some kind of risk of Type 1, but I suspect this is just one more scare tactic to make the vaccinated feel better about their decision. As far as the risk goes, the article showed a doubling of risk, but it is still only 2+%, perhaps lower than the risk simply related to aging. I would have to see all the data to see if it is even a valid study.

8. John Brunner

1-At least the study didn't recommend that we take UBER to the doctor if we are concerned, since we are likely to get into an accident since we're not vaxxed. ;)

2-Aren't we well past referring to this under the single umbrella of "COVID"? Aren't we on the nth mutation?

ps: Someone at the CD must have been traumatized as a child.

[​IMG]

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Thomas Windom

Registered

This is an interesting video about research on coronaviruses and vaccine development. It’s a bit too “gushy” for my taste but, nonetheless, there is some interesting content. That cryo-electron microscope is an impressive beast, not many places can afford such things.

10. John Brunner

Topic Detour: I managed Purchasing for a company that made ion-microfabrication equipment (some cryo technology involved in the gate valves) and sputter coaters (to prepare specimens for viewing under an electron microscope.) All that physics theory made real by a bunch of bulky mechanical stuff.

Thomas Windom likes this.
  11. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I agree......Almost. I believe the Chinese deliberately released it to create a world stock crashing event so they could remain at the very least competitive in world trade. Those freebies were taken away by Trump and it really put a stop on their weapons programs and building to carry own their dream of world domination. It is unbelievable how that congress who did this would do something so stupid, on the other hand god only knows how much they paid the clintons and the other slugs for the thumbs up vote. Our own Military went to s__t in a hand basket while the Chinese caught up with us thanks to the traitors who gave them all that money. They are still having trouble in their own little world due to that virus, I hope they continue to drop like flies because the populace is still communist all the way thru and they will never change, it is just like here with the handouts by the worst possible in power here in America.

12. John Brunner

The Chinese did not make governments shut down weekly church services while keeping liquor stores and strip clubs open. The Chinese did not make the Fed force ineffective mask mandates on us, which divided us on Fear/No Fear lines and made it easier to hate the Faceless Enemies Within.

There may not have been collusion (sure there was) but our totalitarian government did not let this [manufactured] crisis go to waste.

13. Thomas Windom

Registered

I’ve used a couple different sputter coaters and vacuum evaporators (well, two of the latter mostly, Denton and Balzers). Which company made the sputter coater, curious if I know them?

John Brunner likes this.
  14. John Brunner

Technics IMF (Ion Micro Fabrication.) They were a German company with US HQ in San Francisco. The sputter coaters were sort of a secondary "standard" line versus the "custom" IMF systems. This was back in the early 80s. Dunno when they went away...there is no web presence.

15. Thomas Windom

Registered

Yes, I remember seeing the name but did not work with any of their instruments. Small world.

John Brunner likes this.