I Love This Place. Away From The Tourists

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Honey Gee, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It is amazing the different colors of the soil in the pictures. The first ones show very rusty red colored landscape, some of the other views have almost black dirt, which must be from the volcanoes, and then other places the ground seems to be tan or almost white and looks sandy.
    Do you see the camels very much ? From what I read, most of the animals there are ones that were brought from somewhere else at one time or another, including the dromedaries.
    Does it worry you living with so many volcanoes in the area, and are any of them active ? I looked it up on Wikipedia, and it said the last eruptions were in the 1800's that I read about.
    For several years, I have read articles that said there is a large (underwater?) ledge that could break off in the Canary Islands, and that when/if this happens, we will have a tsunami that floods the whole eastern coast of the United States. Other articles say that is not going to happen, so who knows whether it is a real danger or not.

3. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

My last home was actually just sitting under a distinct volcano. We used to walk up to see the bowl. Many of the coast eruption rocks have just been left as they have fallen.

It does not bother me at all and probably because it's different that's,why I like it. I never really think about it at all.

There are parts of Lanzarote I avoid due to tourism, but love the evening walks along the seafront. Tourists especially the British still want to eat British food and will not experiment with Spanish cuisine which is delicious. If it was not for the tourists though the Canaries would fail.

Europeans feels safe here too. There is very little crime.

I guess I am an optimist and never think too deeply about things that may never happen :)