I Got So Bored That I Rearranged Furniture

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Ed Wilson, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

... started re-arranging furniture. We had lake effect snow showers all day under a dismal sky and there wasn't much to do, so I moved my PC to the back room which made room to relocate what was left in the living room. I'm looking at the TV now and want to have it sit lower than it is now, so that's next. Busy work is what it is. C'mon spring!

2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Patience, patience, my dear man. Spring will come but don’t wish your life away.

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

4. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Ed, I know the feeling. When I quit my full time job two decades ago, we moved to a small house on a 6 acre lot with pines and oaks. We heat the house (when needed here in North Florida) with a wood burning stove. so I have plenty of wood to cut with my chain saw and chop up for the stove. More than that, there fences to fix, lawns to mow, machines to overhaul, etc. etc. I grew up on a farm-ranch, and as the old saw goes: "The boy can leave the farm, but the farm never leaves the boy. We did have goats and turkeys, now chickens. We also garden quite extensively. I spend much of my time reading and writing, but I do have to get out and move around.

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yesterday we had the “in-home” visit from a doctor associated with our health insurance company,
    Dunno how old he is but he’s retired from his practice as a gastronomic-intestinal doctor. He told us that he got bored doing nothing so he signed on with a company that handles the in home visits from a myriad of insurance companies so now he stays busy and out of his wife’s hair.

A little off topic but the guy actually did a better job of doing a health check-up than the primary doctor does. He started at 11:30 and didn’t finish until almost 1:00 so compared to the Primary guy’s 10 minutes or so each I’m highly impressed.

6. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

that's a great way to feel refreshed...plus...will keep your brain working trying to remember the new arrangement...ha!

7. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Started taking down the screen house and deck I built nineteen years ago, right after divorce #2. It took me three months to build it, solo, including digging holes for the piers and hauling cement. I already have the screen house down and half the deck taken up, in a week's time. The dump fee is a pain at $190, and I'll have to make another trip for the foundation framing and piers. Filling in the pier holes should take a day, or two. I like doing the work, and after everything is up and the fence extended out with two new double gates, I'll no longer have to park my RV and flatbed trailer in the upper yard. Yay!

8. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Your not alone by a long shot, I've decided since all I see now are woods is to let them entertain me even if it hurts,lol.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  9. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Took another week and a half to get everything up, and the area swept, magnetically, to get up the nails and screws. Rented a jackhammer to get the piers broken up and the anchor bolts removed. Not tough going down with the jh, but pulling it up, repeatedly, took a ton out of me. Glad the job is done.

10. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Spring will definitely come. We have mud season here first. Lots of freezing and thawing. Teasing us into tuning up the roto tiller.
    Mr Guyus' deck removal reminds me to be happy I have a bit of indoor time left.

11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

12. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

There have been days of teasing Spring weather so I took advantage of a couple of days (1) painted my bottom kitchen cabinets with an Oops paint from Lowes that was in a darker gray. Love it. (2) Yard work in the back picking up twigs and leaf blowing two flower beds; three to go. Not looking forward to cleaning the carriage house. :oops: I forgot to close one of the windows and some creature got in and knocked down one shelf then knocked over things on another shelf. How did it get in? There was a small hole in the screen - it wasn't small any more. My guess is the raccoons that I've been seeing lately. I didn't smell anything rank so I guess it made it out okay. I hoping...

13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

LOVE that pic! We have a LOT of deer here. It is like a deer hotel in our backyard woods. In the morning while, drinking coffee, we try to figure out which boulders are boulders-- until they move.

Marie Mallery and Shirley Martin like this.
  14. Marie Mallery

Registered

We really enjoy the wildlife. But our deer haven't visited in about a month now.:(

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

It is ridiculous what the dump charges. Also many won't use it because of the cost, so neighborhoods are suffering. Many people breed mosquitos in some of the junk. Or cause forest fires burning it. Things change I guess.

Trevalius Guyus likes this.