I Dreamed That I Was An Idiot

Discussion in 'Dreams & Interpretations' started by Ken Anderson, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Last night, for some reason, I went to bed at about 10:00 p.m. whereas I am usually up until about 1:00 or 2:00 a.m.

My plan was to read for a while but I shortly became tired, and fell asleep, probably before 11:00. I didn't get up until noon, giving me about about thirteen hours of sleep. Normally, I go to bed about 1:00 a.m. and get up about 8:00 or 9:00 a.m.

Sometime this morning, I dreamed of this great idea to counterfeit coins by pressing them into some kind of clay or substance like playdough, bake it until it hardened, and then paint it with a coin-type finish. In my dream, I flattened the clay out to the thickness of a quarter, and then began pressing the head-side of the coins into the clay.

Only, when I turned it over to do the tails side, there were two problems. I couldn't see where I had made the tails imprint and, when I tried, I flattened that part out. I never even considered that it wouldn't feel at all like a coin, or have the right weight, let alone that the time involved in doing this would hardly justify the benefits, even if it did work.

Once I figured out that there was no way that I was going to be able to counterfeit quarters out of clay, I decided that I would shape the clay into a rock shape, and add it to my rock garden.

I did that, then I walked outdoors to add it to my garden, only to realize that we were staying in a hotel, and my rock garden wasn't out there.

I decided to deposit my clay rock into a trash can. It was one of those trash cans that has the swivel cover. I had to crush my fake rock in order to get it to fit. After I dropped it in, a raccoon poked its head out of the trash can.

Lastly, since I had forgotten that we were in a hotel, I had not brought the card that was necessary to let me back in, so I was left standing in the hotel lobby in my pajamas and no shirt.

That dream can mean only one thing, that I dreamed that I was an idiot. Why can't I remember the good ones?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  2. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, God, my sides! I really don't know why, but that fragment made me laugh so hard! I imagined you being somewhere among the lines of Mr. Bean, being angry at how the "rock garden" wasn't in front of the hotel.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm surprised that you remember that long dream in its entirety. Maybe it means something to you. But why declare that you were an idiot in that dream? I believe that dreams are concocted by our subconscious and the flow of story coincides with our physical state of condition. When there is pain in the body, we tend to have a nightmare and when we are relaxed in our sleep, the dream is quite pleasurable. As with the problems in the coins, I guess it points to something financial in nature.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  4. Allison Schuck

Allison Schuck Veteran Member
    Registered

:)
    Great dream, haha, I have a nightmare every time I go to sleep, even for just a nap in the afternoon. I wonder what they all mean.

5. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Allison Schuck, I too have many nightmares, but it isn't every time I sleep. Mine tend to be about my childhood and youth, and only a few are above the age of 20. I don't remember any that were funny. That would be so cool.

@Ken Anderson, did your dream seem funny while you were dreaming? Did you seem dumb while dreaming, or was that an afterthought? I find dreams very interesting.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  6. Allison Schuck

Allison Schuck Veteran Member
    Registered

@Ina I. Wonder A lot of mine is my younger years also and I am always carrying my mother around. Perhaps because I took care of her before she died.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  7. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Allison Schuck, are you carrying your mother as a memory, or as a ghost? I once had a very large family. Of six children, one is still with me, one got lost in alcohol, and four have died. Both of my parents, my in-laws, and my husband have left this world. But they all keep me company, and I find it is weird how whatever the situation is, the right one is in my ear with whatever I need to hear. Sometimes it is very comforting, sometimes they even keep me going when I really don't want to. Don't tell anyone, but I think mine are ghosts, because they seem to interact with my today issues, and are not just memories.

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Dreams are just really strange in that everything can just completely change instantly in a dream. I was dreaming that I was wading through deep mud in a very muddy road, and when I went to turn around, suddenly, I was driving a vehcle instead of walking.
    People that I know can appear in my dreams at just about any age, at least my children can. Sometimes, one will be an adult and another one will be a child.
    My mom and dad have been gone for many years; but they are often in my dreams. In fact, now I seem to have my parents in my dreams as often (if not more) than my children.

Sometimes, I have nightmares; but it is not a lot. The other night, I was having a nice little dream and Bobby was out blowing leaves with the leaf blower and I was watching him. Then everything changed into a nightmare...
    Suddenly, there was a gasoline container in the picture, glowing red-orange. Before I could even scream at Bobby, it exploded and he was on fire. Except , when I ran to help put the fire out on him, it was no longer Bobby, but was my first husband.
    Many, many years ago, he had been working on the pickup and gotten greasy, and then stood too close to the fire that we had built outside to warm up by, and his greasy shirt suddenly caught on fire, and I was trying to help put it out as he was rolling in the grass. When we got the fire out, I had to rush him to the hospital for help.
    I don't think that I have even thought about this incident for over 30 years, yet, I think that memory must have been what triggered the fire in my dream.

9. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

That was some dream, I can never remember my dreams with that much detail. I hope you had a good laugh at yourself when you wrote it here on the forum. You have to laugh at your self to appreciate these types of activites.

10. Ken Anderson

If I tell them to someone shortly after I wake up, I can remember them. Otherwise, I have had dreams that seemed so vivid after waking up just disappear from my memory in minutes.

11. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson Your dream is telling you so many different things, so lets look at each of them.

You have a plan to make these coins, you call them counterfeit so you feel or know it is not real on some level but it does seem brilliant and you have a plan, yet there is a bit of a small snafu, you had not anticipated that you could not see one end without effecting the other end.( Ever hear the saying about burning the candle at two ends? Just a thought) For some reason both sides are dependent on each other and they are not synching up right.

Perhaps you have some project or goal that is effecting the another project? They are two sides of the same thing if I am to guess, yet somehow they are not exactly, and they are effecting one another so the solution you think is to make this a rock. Which is something permanent and functional in your garden. Ah the stones we carry, and the hats we wear. Stone to the English is a measurement of weight and I think that is the symbol. A weighty burden, an obstruction that holds in and keeps out. But alas you discover you are not at home and are instead in fact at a place that demands you pay for residence. So you sort of need these coins. Yet you decide to throw it away and lo and behold out pops a raccoon.

Now a raccoon is a very interesting dream symbol. My suggestion is you consider a raccoon and what it means to you as far as a spirit animal is concerned, but in short I will give you a common meaning raccoons are given. Usually they are considered the robbers of the animal kingdom, and sure enough the raccoon was right there looking at your clay. Was it rabid? Did it get the clay? This is the key did you keep that clay idea? I think you did

Then you want to go back in and think about this, but your in your pajamas and have lost your shirt and have no key to get in. What do you conclude when you awake? I must be an idiot. Why can't you recall the good ones?

Here is the thing- we recall dreams like this because it is our own mind telling us something very important. There is an idea for making money you have, that feels like it is fake yet it is a good idea and can work if only you could get both sides to line up right. You want to pitch it all, but know on some level the idea is good enough that some one else will grab it, yet you just are tired and do not have the means to get back into the residence. BUT you have the clay still don't you? That's the good part my friend. Your dream is telling you to reconsider that clay and how to make it work, you stand to be left in the cold and lose your shirt if you don't have a key. You have a money making idea that is valid, it just needs to be better formed. Go Back and rethink that idea it seems it would work and help you financially. It is valid.

John Houlihan and Ken Anderson like this.
  12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

It's too bad, Ken, that you weren't confined to quarters!;)

13. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

I have to write my dreams down as soon as I wake up or I'll forget them. I've been doing this since 2006 and unfortunately, most of my dreams don't get written down. Sometimes when I'm half awake I'll sort of repeat the dream to myself over and over and that'll help me remember it till I sit up and write it down. I go ahead and write it down even if I only remember parts of it. Reading a dream several years later is pretty interesting.

Lara Moss and Ken Anderson like this.
  14. Ken Anderson

How about the rest of you? What is the dumbest dream you can remember having?

15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno Ken.
    I guess I’m blessed to be able to forget the dumb things I do in my dreams but cursed to remember the dumb stuff I do whilst awake.
    If things were reversed I could fill up several pages.