I Accomplished Something Today

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Arlene Richards, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

:)This thread is to post our small victories and pleasure that we managed to get anything done at all. There may be different reasons for that - chronic illness, tired, looking after everyone else except yourself. working long hours, procrastination, - whatever your reason, here's your chance to pat yourself on the back for you did get done.

I’ll start.

Dusting......
    Not just surface dusting. I mean dusting high & low - getting on hands and knees and cleaning the undersides, etc. of all tables, chairs, whatever needed it. Amazing how dust accumulates. Whew! Lots of bending and squatting. Good workout. My sweatpants fit the occasion perfectly.

Cleaned and re-organized kitchen cabinets.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Laundry (4 loads). Stripped the bed and put fresh linens on. Ran anti-virus scan and defragged both computers.
    Hummmm, I do this every week on Monday. LOL

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

image.jpg image.jpg Went to the bank and the store when the parking lot looked like this.

4. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

I did a load of laundry and then decided to do another with trip clothing so that everything would be nice and fresh to pack. (No matter that it was already clean, there's just something about that "new fabric softener" smell in the luggage.)

I hand-wrote letters to my parents, my sister, and a dear elderly friend at the other side of the country.

I managed to get a little work done even though it's an official day off.

I fed my kitty. And then again because she's a hungry lil' critter. :D

I made meatballs for tomorrow's dinner, and a BBQ Chicken Pizza for tonight's meal.

I did the dishes and vacuumed. I procrastinated on doing the taxes which had been scheduled... just couldn't face it today.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I have my dinner ready for my Mother all cooked and all she got to do is warm it up. I have a refrigerator full of food for my housebound Mother and at last I got it down to have dinner ready for her so she doesn't have to wait for me to get home to cook. Bought the things I was hoping to get on sale this week from CVS, which is a very popular item and got the last package on the shelf! Little things like this means a lot in everyday living. Hooray!

6. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

I feel happy because I took an index card and made a list of things to do today or soon. It's almost 3 pm so after a nap I'm going to start in. Do our taxes (I do them online each year), fill out and answer a jury summons I received before I left home (I'm at our daughter's for awhile right now), pay 2 more bills online I haven't gotten around to doing yet, and a few other things I probably won't get done till tomorrow. I did one thing on the list already, which was order a wood paint box from Amazon like I had years ago. I thought it'd be handy for me to have a few things with me so I can paint whenever I am away from home for a week or so.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  7. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

Got my hair trimmed, did laundry. Gonna have to replace my computer soon so I'm gonna talk to a geek friend, my SO, and do some research.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  8. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

image.jpeg When we replaced our refrigerator, last month, I had to remove cupboard over the fridge. It left a big gapping hole there, so I came up with this fill in. Still needs a little paint,but was glad to get it done.

9. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

That looks pretty good @Dave Sun , the plant makes it pretty.

Karen McKenzie and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

For a second I thought I was looking at my fridge, Dave. That's exactly how it's placed also. I do have a cabinet above it and instead of the cabinets you have on the right, my pantry is there.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  11. Ruby Begonia

Registered

I grocery shopped, cleaned out the freezer and refrigerator, made a chicken and vegetable soup then cleaned that mess up too. I feel so good now that the fridge is cleaned out and washed.

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

13. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Linda Binning and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks, I didn't like it at first but got used to it. It hasn't been painted in 13 yrs.

15. Ruby Begonia

Registered

It still looks good. If you would repaint, would keep the same color, or should I ask that in the Hot Seat thread, lol?