Huge Natural Gas Leak In The Hills Outside Of Los Angeles !

Discussion in 'Energy & Fuel' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Energy News has this worrisome report about a natural gas leak in Southern California that is said to be causing illness, rashes, and other health complications to people living in the area around the leak.
    Although the leak is about 1200 feet above the city, field tests are showing that the wind currents are carrying the natural gas downhill and into the populated areas.
    SoCalGas has said that the leak is about 100 lbs per hour; but reports are finding that the leakage might be up to three times that amount.
    Wildlife experts are also blaming the gas leak for the deaths of an unexpected amount of wildlife, and even marine life, in this area.
    Hopefully, they will get this leak under control, and stopped before it does any more damage !

http://enenews.com/experts-la-gas-l...rectly-communities-very-little-dilution-video

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I wonder if it is affecting Falcon(John). He lives about 30 miles from LA.

3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been seeing reports on the news of that leak.

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

That news report is quite scary considering that animals are dying because of that gas leak. It won't take long for humans to die as well. And what is that natural gas? Is it combustible like the LPG (liquefied petroleum gas)? But whatever it is, the fact that the gas is disturbing the environment, someone has got to do something about it. I guess that gas company gets the blame so it is the one that needs to act... and should act fast.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

OMG I'm glad to hear that it'll be under control soon. Gas leaks are so dangerous. Guess thing are getting old. Here on Oahu water pipes are aging and lots of water leaks all over the island causing a mess wit traffic. Some pipes are from the 1920 that are currently being replaced and checked, at last!