How Technology's Inrush Into Our Mores, Has Changed Us

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Frank Sanoica, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My wife says that when I get a phone call, I look at it as if I am wondering what that noise is.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I seldom talk on my phone, I tend to text more. Seems people I used to talk to are texting more, it's been a gradual progression.

3. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I do have two smart phones one for private the other I use for business calls, but like Chrissy I don't get many calls which are usually only my daughters anyway.
    The business one I only answer if I am free. and don't carry it around with me.
    I do agree that most people seem to answer their phone whenever it rings and whoever they are with, and yes in my experience youngsters usually text these days.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Terry Page

Registered

It's interesting to note how the mobile/cell phone has virtually taken over the world in communication, I never thought they would catch on when I first came across them :rolleyes:

I think a large number of landlines in the UK are now used only for broadband/internet connections, with no phone service over them,
    The old nationalised company "British Telecom" split and become privatised some time ago, with a division called Openreach which has rolled out a fibre optic network over a lot of the country, and connected it to the old copper cables into our homes.
    I guess but for this broadband use the old phone lines would be virtually redundant now.

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I still have my landline because my security system uses it and so does my internet. I got the cheapest pkg though for the phone, only local calls. $20, so I may just keep it, otherwise I'll have to pay money for ADT at to switch to a different system.

I never answer though and I never call on it, but at least thats the number all my spam calls go to which leaves my cell phone only for a few people.

6. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

7. Terry Page

Registered

I guess technology has moved on a bit with an iPhone version now

[​IMG]

Plus a more permanent one in wood

Chrissy Cross likes this.