How Many Times Have You Been Pulled Over And Not Gotten A Ticket?

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Ken Anderson, Jun 30, 2023.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The two that I got were when I consciously sped.

-If I recall correctly, the speed limit on I95 at the time was 80MPH, and I had a truck on one side so I could not pull into that lane and some guy so close to my bumper I could not see his front license plate...so I sped up to get around the truck and out of his way, and got caught by radar.

-The one in North Carolina was when I was returning from vacation and just wanted to be home...so I merged into the left lane with the fast-moving traffic. I know I got pulled from that line of cars because I had out of state tags and would not return all that way to fight it.

But I did learn my lesson. In March of 2019, I bought a new car with a real nice motor, and was waiting to get passed the 600 mile break-in period before I got squirrelly in it. On Easter weekend I hit that threshold and decided to swing by the interstate to put it through its paces. When I got on the highway, I recalled what happens to me when I decide to speed. So I decided to drive normally to the next exit to do recon (exits are far apart here in the sticks), then turn around and do my thing headed the other direction. I'm glad I did. A few miles up, there was a radar trap. So I drove on by, turned around, got past the radar, and then did my "test."

It was the only time in my life that I actually aborted a bad timing incident...usually I just rush headlong into them.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I felt like I was pushed into one speeding ticket. I was slowly passing an 18-wheeler in the passing lane when a cop came up behind me. He was tailgating me, so, although he didn't have lights and sirens on, it seemed that he wanted to get around me. I couldn't pull over to the right because the 18-wheeler was there, so I sped up to pass the 18-wheeler more quickly in order to be able to move over to the right and let him by. Instead, he pulled me over and ticketed me for speeding. I wasn't speeding until he began tailgating me.

John Brunner likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Yup. So where is his reckless driving ticket???? And it makes me wonder if that car riding my bumper wasn't part of entrapment.

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think they even issue speeding tickets here anymore. The speed limit on 64 east of Tarboro is 70 MPH. My sister drives 75/77 and people pass us like we are backing up. Some of them have to be going 85/90. I don't think I have ever seen a patrolman have anybody stopped.