How Have You Learned To Accept A Person For Who He/she Identifies Him/herself To Be?

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Avigail David, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

I haven't. And it's kind of a settled thing for me. But I don't go around condemning and judging. Perhaps the question needs to be directed to any person who has been questioning his/her own identity: Am I a female locked in a man's body, or a male locked in a woman's body? I still grapple with this idea of identity crisis people put doubts in themselves--influenced and predisposed by the accepting society. But have they considered seeing the truth of the reality and asking about himself/herself instead, "Am I in identity-denial?"

When I was little, I enjoyed climbing trees, playing in the streets, helping and doing kind things I knew gentlemen and well-mannered boys do for their mothers, sisters, grandparents and girl friends. I was called a Tomboy. But it never occurred to any of us in my family in my younger days that I could be a homosexual. My mind says, "That's preposterous! I am thankful to be a girl!" Even if I acted like a tomboy.

A friend shared to me articles about Christian pastors' testimonies who were attracted to their same gender. They knew, in their conscience, that it was wrong to pursue a same-sex union with them. They decided that it was wrong to pursue homosexual thoughts and practice the lifestyle. They rejected, refused and avoided anything of that nature. They have decided to leave all the God-created womanly behavior and character to the female humanity. And as husbands, they know they are complete and made whole with the complimenting women in their lives.

And are fulfilling their respect to God's purpose of pro-creation bringing our children up knowing and loving God-- in making no mistakes creating male in a man's body and female in a woman's body.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  2. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

I learnt to accept a person for who he identifies to be, an individual knows the best how he feels and it's not us who should be okay with that individual, but it's him who should be okay with himself, it's tough for him to deal with such a siutation, why shouldn't we accept him for who he is? It's like saying that you won't accept a person because he's a doctor and helps people when their sick or he even saves lifes, as long as a person is happy, I'm happy for him.

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I can't bring myself to accept what goes against nature. Male and female are made different for a reason. For a person to have sexual feelings for their own gender they were likely born with a defect in their mind. I know they probably can't help it but it's not the natural order of things.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that there is a difference between accepting the person, and accepting the behavior/disorder.
    For hundreds (maybe thousands ?) of years, humanity has considered homosexuality to be a deviant behavior.
    It was treated as a mental illness in most cases.
    It is not that there are new medical findings about the cause of homosexuality that has changed ; it is only that the acceptance of it by society as a natural human behavior has changed.

There are no examples of homosexual animals, or any other creatures besides man. Even though this may appear to be so when you see two animals of the same gender behaving sexually towards each other, this is usually a show of dominance, or simply a case of hormone activity. No animal selects only its own gender to mate with if there is an animal of the opposite sex available.

I have read that some of the medications that are given , especially to children, can cause this tendency towards gender confusion and sexuality. In some cases, it may come from abuse, either as a child or as an adult (abusive marriage or rape).
    Regardless of what causes it; I do not think that it is always just a sexual perversion, and I think that the person cannot necessarily make a decision to stop.
    Hating the person will not help anything. Only if we can find an underlying cause, and change that, does the person have the possibility of changing.

Von Jones and Avigail David like this.