How Do You Take, & Organize Your Pills?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lon Tanner, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Here is a link on CO and the plaque mentioned. I use CO for all my cooking and also a substitute for butter on the veggies...and sometimes mix CO and butter together...wow so good.

http://naturalsociety.com/new-study...e-amyloid-plaques-brains-alzheimers-patients/

2. Joy Martin

Registered

And info on Ketones and inflammation of the brain and Dr. Mary Newport's story about her husband's battle with Alzheimers and the CO therapy.

https://coconutketones.com/

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We use coconut oil , too, and i read about Dr. Newport and her husbands amazing recovery after he started taking the coconut oil in his morning oatmeal.
    I make Bulletproof Coffee in the blender with the coconut oil and now using Kerrygold Butter, and I do think that it energizes my mind aster than jut regular coffee, and I feel ready to to to the fitness center and swim after having my morning coffee.

4. Joy Martin

Registered

I do a coffee too and make it with 1 t of CO and Coconut Milk Creamer. No blender thou.

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Joy Martin

While ketones have been widely promoted recently in the health maintenance fields, I personally have to disagree with the hypothesis that ketones are "good for you".

The simplest ketone is acetone, or dimethylketone, also known as fingernail polish remover.

"Every day, your body breaks down fats into organic molecules called ketones. Acetone is one of three types of ketone bodies. Your liver makes ketones, and your body can use them for fuel. However, accumulation of ketones in the body can be dangerous. Acetone poisoning can occur when there’s an abnormally high amount of ketones. This is a condition known as ketoacidosis.

If you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes, you can develop in ketoacidosis if you don’t manage your glucose levels properly.

Prolonged starvation can also lead to ketoacidosis. In that case, your body depletes your carbohydrate stores and begins to break down stored fats into ketones. Blood ketone levels can accumulate rapidly and grow dangerously high."

See: https://www.healthline.com/health/acetone-poisoning#causes

Propanol, the commonest type of household-use alcohol, is widely used as a cleaning agent, disinfectant of the skin, preparatory agent for injections, and solvent, as well as a fuel in some types of heat-producing devices. The human liver metabolizes propanol into acetone:

"Isopropyl alcohol and its metabolite, acetone, act as central nervous system (CNS) depressants.[31]Poisoning can occur from ingestion, inhalation, or skin absorption. Symptoms of isopropyl alcohol poisoning include flushing, headache, dizziness, CNS depression, nausea, vomiting, anesthesia, hypothermia, low blood pressure, shock, respiratory depression, and coma.[31] Overdoses may cause a fruity odor on the breath as a result of its metabolism to acetone."

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isopropyl_alcohol#Toxicology

For these reasons, it strikes me as probably a mistake to partake of any dietary means or constraints which can increase ketone levels in the body.
    Frank

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Joy Martin

Registered

ummm, just the messenger. I still believe in CO and what I've read about it's benefits.

7. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I take 12 prescription pills daily and most of them I will be taking daily for the rest of my life. I use a plastic pill box with seven morning, noon, night sections. On Friday morning each week I sit down and sort my pills for the coming week and order refills to pharmacy online. I can only get 30 pills for each prescription which is irksome. 60 would be better but the docs only want to renew 30 at a time to avoid overtaking. How nice it would be to take one large pill a day and be done with it.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I have four compartments per day

Holly Saunders likes this.
  9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I take three..plus a vitamin...all in a shot glass with a big chaser of water:p

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

At first, I thought you were going somewhere really fun with that, but you added the 'water' word. My daughter sent me a sign on text the other day that said Old people don't have to drink or do drugs to get a buzz, we can just stand up fast. :D

Hedi Mitchell and Frank Sanoica like this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Smarter now..no whiskey with the meds ;)

Yvonne Smith likes this.