How Do I Include A Poll In My Post?

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Joe Riley, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

How do I go about posting a thread, and include a poll? I saw something to click on once, but now, I am drawing a blank? Thanks.
    PS: I am trying to figure out if we can use a poll to vote for the costume contest??

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Polls are not allowed in every area of the forum, but they are in most. To create a poll, you would click the button to "Post New Thread" and, once you have done that, a screen like the one below will be displayed.

[​IMG]

Here you will see a space for the thread title, a post blank, which can be used to explain something about the poll, then there are the blanks for the poll itself.

Pose the polls question in the Question blank. You will see two Possible Responses blanks, but additional ones can be added by clicking the tab that reads "Add Additional Response"

Decide whether you want to allow only one choice, an unlimited number, or a specified number of choices, which can be made by clicking the third option, then using the + or - signs to add or subtract from the specified number of options.

You can choose to allow voters to change their votes, to display votes publicly, or allow the results to be viewed without voting. You can also specify the length of the poll, after which no new votes will be allowed, although the poll and its results will remain.

When you have everything the way you want it, you would click the "Create Thread" tab. You should have twenty-four hours to edit it, but I don't know that it will allow editing once someone has responded to the poll, since that could make things go awry. Oh, it wouldn't crash the forum but it could cause a problem with the poll results.

If, for some reason, you do not see an option to include a poll after you have clicked on the "Post New Thread" tab, please let me know and I'll look into it for you, making sure that polls are allowed in the forum you want to create one in, and that you have the necessary permissions to do so. We haven't had much in the way of polls here, so these permissions haven't been tested here yet.

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you, Ken! ...you got my vote!;)