How’s The Weather Where You Are?

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Ed Wilson, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

This week forecasters are telling us (where we live), that we can expect up to 8 inches tomorrow night into Wednesday. Unfortunately we have to wait until this coming summer to move out of this winter snow belt...........and never/ever return!

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Wow! Seems cold for Florida, @Marie Mallery. 14 F. and partly cloudy here

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Don, now and then we do have a cold snap, once a few years ago it got down to 5F but that is very unusual.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

75°F and pouring rain. Supposed to get cooler tonight and will be in the 40s.

Thomas Stillhere and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Started snowing last night around 7PM. By 9:30PM, it was coming down pretty hard. But, this morning at 8:30, went outside to take a few iphone pictures/video and a measuring tape to find out how much we got...........only 3 inches. Not even enough for a snow plough to clean the drive. Our maintenance guy used a snowblower for the sidewalks and drive. By 10:30AM, it was snowing harder and the wind blowing. Darn near looked like a "white-out/blizzard". It is now about noon, light snow falling, and wind has calmed down.

Unfortunately, those driving in it are driving way to fast, at least that's what the Colorado State Patrol is saying.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Down below 0 F. this morning but no new snow. Avalanches in the mountains.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We are getting ready to go into the "Deep Freeze" this weekend and into next week. For us, it will be like living in the Antarctic, rather than living in northern Colorado. And, this comes with a couple of days of snow this coming weekend. Not forecasted to be below zero, but very close to it in the mornings. Daily highs, below 32.

What a way to go into February!

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Snowing hard and fast ,suppose to get at least 3 inches . Kansas need this moisture, been in a drought since last year.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Stormy and raining; 55 degrees. We are having 50 MPH wind gusts and have gotten over 4" of rain since 8 a.m. The power has been blipping off and on for a few hours.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Glad that you are okay ! I was just seeing that the news reporting a tornado in the Houston area a little while ago. Be safe, Beth !

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  11. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

A very nice 27c ..80f summers day I’ll take this for summer temps every summer ..it’s more like a warm spring day
    We’d normally have 40+ this time of the year ..over the old 100+++

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

We're gonna have an "ice event" tomorrow starting around 7AM that's gonna change to rain sometime during the day and end around 9PM. It's gonna be a good day to have a wood stove. They are calling for a "wintry mix" west of here in the foothills & mountains.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

High wind and hurricane rains for an hour or two, one city bordering Baton Rouge west side of the I 10 bridge lost a major electrical trunk and it was like a snowball effect. Half the state was down for a few hours and as of an hour ago some were still without power. I just went to bed with nothing else to do, it rained so hard it came thru the window or air conditioner cutout over my cat stand that has the two heaters. I had to mop the water up to make sure the cats don't get electrocuted. All is calm now but maybe a few showers over night. It was warm after that wind came thru and just a few minutes ago I turned on one of the heaters to take some of the dampness out of the room. We'll have a light freeze over the weekend and then next week more rain around midweek. It's climate change you know. The power guys are making a little overtime tonight. I have a splitting headache and I never have headaches so I hope I sleep well tonight. Glad I replaced my flashlight batteries two weeks ago. At least I can still go to the kitchen when I need to get something to drink. I have planned on buying a large candle for years but always forget to grab one.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

That's a big darned storm, Thomas.

20230125.jpg

It's bringing Virginia some winter weather all day tomorrow.

Don Alaska and Thomas Stillhere like this.
  15. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I hope you don't get the winds, it started here very early yesterday with a couple light rains but I knew the big storm was not supposed to start until late yesterday and it was right on time. I haven't peeked outside as of yet because it is just beginning to get light but I was curious if anything happened to those light poles that the workers were working on around this end of the High School stadium. They had one raised and their truck backed up to it and when those rains started they all left but their truck was still backed up against the pole they had just raised. It got pretty windy for a normal winter storm.

John Brunner likes this.