Home, Home On The Range...

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Cowboys in Liberty, Texas held a cattle drive yesterday, to transport cattle from low lying flooded areas to higher ground, in the Dayton, Texas area. https://www.facebook.com/KPRC2/videos/1082403671789685/ I love seeing people pulling together during difficult times. So glad the cattle are safe.

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Cattle call!

Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh wow, I didn't even think about this, but that is true along with oil, cattle is one of Texas leading resources. All the flooding going on during the past week couldn't have been good for this industry. I am gald that they were able to pull together to try to save the herds from the flooding. This hasn't been good for Texas first an extreme drought and now extreme flooding.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

It will be awhile before the areas affected by the flooding will be able to support the cattle and plant life. Those people that live in the areas damaged will have a long road to haul to get back to the way it was before the flood. We will also feel the higher cost of food that has been destroyed by the flooding.

Diane Lane likes this.