Home Alone

Discussion in 'Tall Tales & Fabrications' started by Jacob Petersheim, Feb 1, 2024.

1. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hmm, that' a good idea. Thanks.

Denise Evans likes this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

That was a big problem for me when I was dating, or even when I was married. We didn't communicate well with each other. I think many of the things here, could do a lot of good being discussed with the other person. Isn't communication one of the biggest problems with relationships? People go to shrinks to talk about their problems in relationship, and/or couples therapy. I guess the latter tries to help folks learn to communicate. It's really a conundrum to me because I look back and see why so many times it was a lack of communication for me in my "too many" relationships, and I'll include relationships like brother/sister, parents/children, bosses/employees.

I could always talk a blue-streak with others about my relationship problems, but not even close with those I loved :( I remember my steady in highschool, we'd break up then get back together. But if we'd talked things out, we'd probably be married today, I think we just didn't know another way:(

Jacob Petersheim likes this.
  3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Somebody must like soap operas......This thread has had 1,320 views since it started last Thursday....... 240 in the last 24 hours. :)

4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh let them live vicariously through their readings of what others are actually talking about, and doing in their lives. Who cares. I'd rather participate here than just be looking in the window at people, or listening at a door :rolleyes:.

I was just thinking about my love-life, or lack-thereof @Jacob Petersheim. I've been really turning into a hermit living here in this small town where there is little to do for seniors that are still active. I love the outdoors, but cannot find anyone, not in 8 years, to take walks with me, male or female. I joined the gym for 3 years and finally just wanted to workout at home.

I've been looking for housing in a much larger city, and know all the scary pitfalls of moving there, but if I can find the right place I want to move into, I'm hoping I'll take the chance.

One place I really like is Senior housing, 55 and older. I'm way beyond 55 now but I figure there would be more active folks, hopefully, that I could make friends with. Also, lots to do in this city, year-round goings on, that I'd have lot's more chance of meeting other active seniors. That apartment building I'm looking at, my fave place, is less than a mile from a very old, but well-kept-up grange hall. I love dancing, especially country dance/music is my fave. They have all different kinds of theme parties/dances.

I would like to meet someone too, I think it could only be someone to be friends with, and if it grew into something more, but just a buddy would be fine. I don't look anymore, that's not to say I don't look if there's a nice looking man around my age at the grocery store. Sadly they are usually married, or don't look twice at me ;)
    I guess I can honestly say I am doing fine on my own, over 25 years now, but then I see some sappy movie, and wish I could have a miracle and meet someone.

I just don't believe, at least some of us, were meant to be without a mate. After all, I know we were created for relationships, whether it's just friends or more.

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We just can't look away...

Train Wreck2.gif

Von Jones likes this.