Home Alone

Discussion in 'Tall Tales & Fabrications' started by Jacob Petersheim, Feb 1, 2024.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Are your feelings for her so shallow that you can't overlook a few physical imperfections? Are you in love with her sparkling sense of humor or her sparkling teeth? I doubt if you will find an older woman with no imperfections. Are you looking for a fantasy woman? Good luck with that.

My Hubby wore dentures the last few years of his life. It didn't make me love him any less.

2. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

No Shirley, I just hadn't ever considered the issue until she brought it up. Of course there is a long list of things like this she has asked about, some probably far more personal than dental work.

But I believe and I hope that it is more about concern for me than some set of "selection criteria" she has.

And to be fair to her, she has revealed some pretty personal "stuff" of her own. The biggest difference is that I never asked. I wouldn't be that invasive and some of it just wouldn't have occurred to me. My kids came out the chute in the usual way, for example.

Good song, BTW. Thanks!

3. Shirley Martin

Registered

Well, one has to have something to talk about for two hours in the middle of the night. :)

4. Jacob Petersheim

Registered

I told her that I'm eating late and doing my diabetic foot care ritual after that. Preparing for an Abdominal Aorta ultrasound at 8 AM and I need to fast & parch for 10 hours. I want to get to sleep by 11 PM and I don't need low blood sugar come morning. I said I can call around 9 PM, she said she wants to go to sleep early too and we can cut the call short tonight.

Lol, only 2 hours tonight.

5. Jacob Petersheim

Registered

Turned out to be a 30 minute call last night. Almost shocking in its brevity.

Very odd morning, I had a medical test first thing but even so... very odd, so little contact. I just texted that I had arrived and then afterward that it was done.

Got home, found a post on an open forum about her bad night. Weird dream about her late husband and feeling he was still alive. Unsettled afterward.

I just texted her that we can talk about that or maybe she should take time to process things first.

Odd because she doesn't like to say that much about herself to a broad group of people. Odder in that she didn't bring it right to me.

6. Jacob Petersheim

Registered

Sent her this:

Trying to be supportive without intruding.

7. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Memories of a poem my mother read to me when I was a teen, "Go wistful child and seek your mate, but leave your dreams behind, because I fear, God did not create the man you have in mind".

She was right, and now I see that a bit too late imo, but miracles do happen I hear. I had dreams of the kind of men I saw in the movies, and when younger, the men in fairytales. I'd rather not ever heard or seen either of those :rolleyes: Today I'd probably be married and living with a truly kind and loving man, and we both learned to overlook each others imperfections and idiosyncrasies.

Edit: and another thing, lol, meeting someone in person is way better than getting attracted to a picture. Meeting and getting to know a person that can be a friend first is the way I'd go if I had another chance. I wouldn't put the cart before the horse. Today, seems like we discarded the best part of dating, which was courting (oh dear, how old-fashioned) I'll take OF over anything that's popular today. We do live in a world of throw-away relationships, and this is what I've learned, I guess better late then never :)

8. Denise Evans

Registered

I can't stop laughin, this song came to mind from the 70s. Talk about old fashioned:

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Jacob Petersheim

Registered

I actually never had a picture until really late in the friendship.

I have been through the in-person dating and even the horror show of dating sites. After years with no success, I opted out of the game. Since 2008 I've remained on my own not even dating at all or even trying to.

Even this current situation came out of nowhere. I wasn't looking, nor was she.

Suddenly she is struggling today, and I'm giving her space to process it. But I won't be surprised to end up "in the friend zone" once she's dealt with it. And as everyone knows "the friend zone" is permanent except in very rare cases.

This thread may soon come to an end more quickly than I ever imagined.

10. Shirley Martin

Registered

How long has her husband been gone? It does take time to recover from the grief. Give her time and continue to be supportive. Maybe ease up on the romantic love songs a bit. :) Take it slow and easy. Enjoy the buildup to the climax. After all, the candle that burns the brightest burns out soonest. :)

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. John Nopales

John Nopales Well-Known Member
    Registered

Busted!

To each their own, but personally I consider personal relationship details to be private.

12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Can I get an "amen."

13. Denise Evans

Registered

John Nopales and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Shirley Martin

Registered

Y'all don't enjoy soap operas? :p

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Amen!

Question for Jacob, would the lady under discussion be ok with it? If so, maybe she’d like to comment. :)