Heart Monitor For Me

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Beth Gallagher, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@John Brunner good grief your experience with these yahoos is mind blowing
    Afraid I would look else where.
    @Hugh Manely ...we all have crappy family someplace. I tell you I ditched much of my family.....delete them, ignore them or at best distance yourself from them. They can solve their own problems. Be selfish...trust me you will be better in the end:)

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Wise words Gloria - even though I'm mixed up today, wise words ring loud and clear
    @Gloria Mitchell

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, I wore the "waterproof" Fitbit in the pool and guess what? :D Pffffffffffffft. Deader than
    Generalisimo Francisco Franco. (Sorry for that trip down SNL memory Lane. :p)

upload_2020-7-15_13-8-10.jpeg

So this week I got a new Apple watch, then found out Fitbit is replacing my Versa smartwatch under warranty. Oops. I will have fitness trackers all over the place.

Anyway... I have been walking a mile twice a day indoors for the past few weeks thanks to Leslie Sansone walking videos, and I'm happy to report that my resting heart rate is down to 64 BPM. So as I suspected, getting out of the recliner did help.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Thanks for the Garrett Morris "Closed Caption for the Hearing Impaired" memory!! And for reminding me of the first diver's watch I got in the 60s...the "bathtub test" was too much for it to handle.

I used to do a lot of bike riding. I would keep a Pulse Oximeter next to my bed to check my heart resting rate when I'd first wake up.

Those were fit days. Good for you for making noticeable improvements.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  5. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

I've had PCA and an above average heart rate my entire life. I've never sought treatment for it because my overall experience of medical care tells me that it often does more harm than good. Like John, I love my coffee. Also I love my cigarettes and beer. I have no excuses for probably shortening my life but I need what I need to get through the day.

6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

That was when SNL was worth watching. :D

John Brunner likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

My husband could exist on cigarettes and coffee, but I'm the beer drinker. :D

And hey... it's our lives so if we want to shorten them then so be it. It would piss me off to be a health nut who inexplicably dropped dead one day.

8. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Beth, I spoke to my friend Carole about our exchange in which you said I had insulted you. It's her opinion that what I said during that exchange could have been taken as an insult. I value her opinion. I apologize.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I appreciate your apology, Dwight... but totally unnecessary. I have a tendency to be snippy and opinionated so I'm sure you were justified. :D