Hard To Explain

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Corie Henson, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Have you experienced something that is hard to explain?

It has happened many times that my husband suffered from stomach problems. A day before or a day after discovering the ailment, Barbie our small dog would also manifest the same problem. She had no appetite and she would defecate several times a day. My husband would have the same manifestation. It happened several times already since last year. This week was the most recent where antibiotic was prescribed to both my husband and our dog. Fortunately they are doing okay since yesterday.

Is it the food or is it the air? Whatever it is, why are other people in the house not contaminated, likewise with the other 2 dogs? Just can't find the connection for now.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Does seem very strange @Corie Henson ..definitely sounds as though both the dog and husband are eating or drinking something that is infected, that no-one else is..but I'm sure you've probably eliminated those possibilities..so I have no answers!!

3. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

The only other solution I can offer is maybe both your husbands and the dog's immune systems are not preventing this particular infection. My immune system is very good and I rarely get anything while the rest of my family and friends can be going down with all sorts of colds and stomach infections.
    Maybe you and the other two dogs have developed a natural immunity?
    Is your husband particularly close to Barbie as that could also be a factor, if he is constantly in contact with the dog

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Here is another hard to explain.

There is a river in the province of Bulacan that people say collects "taxes" from the people. That "tax" is life or lives of bathers in the river. And the collection of tax happens in the first quarter of the year. Oldtimers there say that there is no difference in the number of visitors all year round so it is not the number of bathers. And it is not the current either because the water is not high unlike during the rainy season. Even the mayor has no opinion on the matter. Last year there were 7 that perished, all college students.