Grape Seed Extract Health Benefits

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Joy Martin, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Well it's said to help those with High BP, I take meds for BP and take my grape seed ex daily, I have no problems. My BP runs on the higher side even with the meds but it's OK, and not low BP which is not good either.

Vit C could even help the Vertigo issue as it's powerful and helps so much. I take it every day too.

Millions at least 99% don't know about Grape Seed Ex and that is a big big shame...so much more health could be appreciated by so so so many.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  2. Joy Martin

Registered

It's a crime that this valuable health medicine is kept from the people, and of course pharma does all in their powers to keep it that way.

I probably mentioned this along the way here on Grape Seed, when I was first introduced to it in 1995, we were lectured that it MAY prevent cancers...

This is the main reason I jumped on it and I was 57 and along the path I've found all that it does....numerous issues.

And cancer clinics like city of hope, sloan kettering, mayo are using it in producing drugs for breast, prostate, skin and colon cancers, and maybe more since t he above 4 were reported.

But it's all Hush Hush Hush, t hose mega costly side effect cancer drugs, keep pharma going on and on and on.

And I'm hearing about the new alzheimers drug that isn't doing good, and this drug addresses Amyloid Plaque in the brain, as DOES Grape Seed Extract........

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

How is it being kept from people? A simple search on grape seed extract will bring all this stuff up. People can read that stuff all they want. Your concern, it seems, is that most people aren't buying it. By the way, this isn't a grape seed extract thread. I count three grape seed extract threads, each of them started by you.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  4. Joy Martin

Registered

No Ken, MOST don't know about it, How many here knew about it before I arrived to talk about it? The people who take it learn about it from others who know of it. Good chance and I don't buy magazines anymore, is that there are ads in these type health
    magazines, and how many here read those type magazines? uummmm

One I read faithfully and even subscribed to it for some years is Alternative Medicine Magazine.

https://alternativemedicine.com/

5. Ken Anderson

Yvonne, who also speaks on a bunch of other topics, brought it up here before you and, on the basis of her recommendation, I even bought a couple of bottles of it. I didn't buy more because I didn't see any evidence that it was worthwhile for me since it wasn't like I quit getting sick while I was taking grape seed extract. I think it's fair to say that everyone here has heard of it. I'm sure they'll continue to hear of it, and that's okay, but I'd rather not hear of it in nearly every thread I come across. This thread is not a grape seed extract thread.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  6. Joy Martin

Registered

Ken, you quit before "evidence" turned up. My first initial change was Grape Seed Ex got me off all allergy drugs....and I was on them for years....and then with passing years more and more changes happened in my body. I didn't start with it for allergies, the reason I started with G.S.E. was "it may prevent cancers".....and I'm good there and many other things changed in my life. So people just give up too soon, they want instant gratification....

My eyes are pretty good and hearing is great and it's all circulation in my body that is working good....and no cataract surgery for this gal.

And all the sun spots on my hands and arms are about gone. Subtle things that I have found.

One disclaimer and I probably mentioned it before: If a person takes pharma blood thinner drug, can't take both.

My friend who was with me at the lecture in 1995, started taking GSE a month before me, she got on it quickly and was so happy with it but maybe about 8 yrs ago she ended up with afib and now taking a boatload of drugs including a pharma blood thinner. I believe the afib came on due to magnesium deficiency in her body. She was not taking much at all of mag, she is now but off the Grape Seed and on pharma drugs.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  7. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don't normally get sick other than getting sinus infections a couple times a year, and I too haven't been really sick in decades. {knock:)}

Most people who are into alternative medicine will know all about grape seed extract and many other supplements. If they are not in to alternative medicine, they aren't going to give a rat's patootie about grape seed extract or any other supplement.

I'm a huge fan of supplements and I have taken them for years. BUT....What works for me may not work for others! I have taken grape seed extract because I heard some good things about it. I am opened minded about trying different supplements and I am pretty in tune with my body's reaction to them. I took grape seed extract for a long time and It did nothing for me. I paid attention to my body very closely and I felt it wasn't working for me. I'm glad it works for you. Plus, you may just have really good genes, with your good hearing, gums, and eyesight.;)

Ken Anderson likes this.
  8. Joy Martin

Registered

The major portion of the U.S. population are NOT into alternative remedies....and those who are do a lot of these remedies or just dabble in one now and then.

And besides from the all the obvious "preventions", the cancer thing is huge. Just about everyone I know has had cataract surgeries, I have not and I don't believe I will and I'm not reversing in age.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  9. Joy Martin

Registered

Well how long did you stay with it? I'm over 26 yrs with, knowing it MAY prevent cancers is strong words that keep me with it. j

10. Ken Anderson

The past half dozen or so posts were moved here from another thread.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Joy Martin

Registered

The MAIN reason I got on Grape Seed Ex in 1995, we were told "may prevent cancers"...I didn't hesitate getting with it.,

I've read that Sloan, City of Hope, Mayo, Univ of Maryland have used it and maybe still are using in their cancer research...and how many others in cancer research are, I don't know.,

Cancer is a big business for pharma and my suspecious mind wonders "if they really want to bring cures for cancer"...perhaps some cures but many not all. But I know what I'm doing is cleaning and thinning my blood and I'll stick with my words...

12. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It is useful to keep in mind that pharmaceuticals are not just developed de novo from chemicals. Many pharmaceuticals are directly derived from plants, fungi, etc., that occur naturally. Pharmaceutical companies figure out how to synthesize what plants have created to be able to produce it economically.

Here is a list, by no means complete, of pharmaceuticals derived from plants for example.
    https://sciencenotes.org/medicines-made-from-plants/

This is ongoing. Here’s one that was just discovered.
    https://phys.org/news/2023-01-chemists-ocean-based-molecule-parkinson.html

Also, NOTHING is a panacea. I have been taking many nutritional supplements for decades, including grape seed extract, not because I believe any of them are the ultimate solution to anything but because:
    1. I feel our diet, my wife and I, is probably not complete because it’s not really “natural”
    2. In biology, synergistic effects are widely recognized, so I believe a selection of many things provides much better opportunity to have an impact than any single thing by itself.

Finally, anecdotal evidence is just that.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  13. Joy Martin

Registered

What is Wrong with a person's anecdotal evidence, the best thing going and books and articles on Things...some do tell truths..

I make NO $$$, pharma rakes in billions and billions and billions, just with the covid lies, talk about more billions.

14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I have been researching supplements for years. I used real Cansema to cure skin cancer even though the warnings on the internet were graphic and frightening. They now have a pharmaceutical that does the same thing. I have used amygdalin at the recommendation of A World Without Cancer. I have buckets of bottles or supplements that I use as needed.
    But,
    I found the quality of different companies' products or where they come from may make a difference in response, as well as individual biology.

Krystal Shay likes this.
  15. Joy Martin

Registered

Even some pharma companies have come out with some of their drugs being touted as "food based"....They are still drugs and require patents.