Grape Seed Extract Health Benefits

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Joy Martin, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I used to take Coq10 regularly for years I’d get it from Costco, their brand was rated as very good on a site I looked up not sure if they sell grape seed extract . I will go look up the benefits of the GS if it assists BP
    @John Brunner

John Brunner likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Thanks, Kate.

My BP is fine. I take CoQ10 because I'm on statins and it's good for cell repair. I added it to my regime when it first hit the scene because it sounded like a good idea for my general health. It wasn't until later that it became a recommended companion to statins, so I've kept taking it for that reason.

I still have issues with user ratings on this stuff.
    -"It gives me diarrhea" is measurable.
    -"It repairs my cells" is not.

On the flip side, doctors scoff at the idea of taking vinegar to quell acid reflux, but it's worked for me for several months, and it's given lots of other folks relief for years.

As an aside, this conversation reminds me of why I do not take herbals. There is no way to know the potency of the active ingredient in any given capsule...potency varies from plant to plant. I've said before that each local naturalist knows the flora and it's potency and efficacy, so I trust herbals at that level...but not the mass-produced stuff.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  3. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I mentioned this earlier, it's recommended to buy Grape Seed Ex standardized to 90-%+
    polyphenols.....Puritan Pride is only standardized to 50%.

See this link of ingredients:
    https://www.puritan.com/grape-seed-grape-extract-071/grapeseed-extract-200-mg-019465

Here is the Now Foods ingredients that I'm using now:
    https://www.iherb.com/pr/now-foods-extra-strength-grape-seed-250-mg-90-veg-capsules/7240

Before I got with the Now Foods above, I took Olympian Labs 200 mg, 95% polyphenols brand for many yrs..

https://www.amazon.com/OLYMPIAN-LABS-GRAPE-EXTRACT-200MG/dp/B00B0YE2RC

Preferred is to take 90%+ polyphenols vs 50% that is Puritan Pride and because this brand is less $$$$$...not the highest quality.

Are you confused, I hope not.

John Brunner likes this.
  4. Joy Martin

Registered

Statins, I believe are dangerous drugs and why there is so much cognitive decline in those being given statins like they are candy...The senior homes are loaded with dementia patients and most taking statins..

I"ve posted here that Grape Seed Ex works to reduce amalyoid plaque which causes memory issues. So a high quality Grape Seed Ex is what is best for so much.

And there are many pharma drugs produced for memory issues and they are failures...I hear that one
    a lot.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  5. John Brunner

Thanks. No, I'm not confused. Damn, I wish I had checked this out more thoroughly...I have a year's supply of the stuff I'm taking, although the P.P. G.S. extract is not that expensive. I guess I could double up on the P.P. stuff. I use the NOW brand of several other supplements and assume it's doing what it's supposed to.

So that iherb.com link you provided...do you buy from these guys, or do you find that Amazon tends to be a better deal? I don't need anything right bow, but are they worth adding to my list of sources...or do you mainly use them as a data point?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  6. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

When we arrived on the Gold Coast hubby had a stiff neck from driving / concentration on-the extremely steep winding roads especially while traveling thorough the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Dividing_Range

We had in previous years made a point of visiting “ Jack the Chinese massager” while up here in Sunny Queensland , but he always wanted to sell us pills the “help” with the treatment of stiff joints.

Nah no way so when hubby went to see him the day we arrived here I said dont let him sell you pills ….and of course he tried but hub blamed me ..saying no my wife said ….no pills :):p
    This is the first time we’ve traveled up here by car since about 2014

@John Brunner

John Brunner likes this.
  7. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I buy from Iherb, vitamin life and youngagain.com especially his coQ10. I call him my nutcase friend Roger as he is a bit exciteable/passionate. I buy from Amazon for convenience. Mostly it is experience with how I feel with supplements as to what I buy. I used to buy vitacost for the prices but found what was in one of the pills was not what was on the label. I moved on.

John Brunner likes this.
  8. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

9. Joy Martin

Registered

I did not Learn about grape seed extract overnight, it took some years, the first one I took back in 1995 was from a company bringing it into the U.S. and it was a High Quality product, I never questioned it. Back then the price I paid was $40/month but my benefits I was getting were huge, just be rid of allergy issues and those drugs!!!!

If you have a large supply you could double the amount you take, that will give you higher polyphenols... I don't believe one can overdose on Grape Seed Extract, only get more health benefits, I take Vit C too daily and it's less potent than Grape Seed Ex but I don't have issues....

As I've said no colds, no flu, no vaccines and a good mind at this time....and there is more as I've
    mentioned.....but it's NOT too late to get with GSE, I imagine your are much younger than me and I started at age 57.

I purely share my history with this "herbal" from the Grape...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    Jeff Elohim likes this.
  10. Joy Martin

Registered

I have looked at this brand Zazzee and just looking again and 95% polyphenols and made in U.S.A. and what a price. This particular one is 400mg and if I were to buy this one, I'd take one every other day I believe...... Now they may have a 200mg bottle and I will check that out. Ebay sells this brand too I believe. I see the company is headquartered in Montibello NY

Good grief this same product on ebay is $51+

I'm tempted to buy the Amazon deal even though I'm good with my stock. ummmmm

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JX5KT8...MI2ZCW_o-h-QIVaiitBh3OUw0iEAAYASAAEgLk-PD_BwE

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
  11. Joy Martin

Registered

I sent an email to Zazzee talking about their product and the high dose and they came
    back with "it appears to be the dose most like to take".......true, I don't know. I have doing
    good on 200mg for many yrs, could I be doing better on 400mg daily..

Then I questioned if Zazzee was legit, and they go on and on about their company and
    their testing etc etc....and I looked on line for negatives on Zazzee and I can't find any.

Just remember that if one takes pharma blood thinners, caution, I've heard and read
    you can't take both... and if this is true I'm not even 100% sure.... But this is good to
    keep in mind.

12. Joy Martin

Registered

13. Joy Martin

Registered

Too bad all the sick people here. I have NOT been sick in over 40 yrs. messed up hip surgery YES, but not sick.

Grape Seed Extract is my Best Friend...it's an anti viral, fungal, bacteria. And does so much more....good strong gums too. And good hearing and eyesight and just had my 84 yrs of life day.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  14. John Brunner

Is today your birthday?

15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Joy I would try that, but i read. it can mess with BP meds ,so I read. It is great you can get good results from that.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.