Graduate Carries Cap And Ar-10 Rifle

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Cody Fousnaugh, May 17, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Another good reply, Bobby.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

People do stupid things when drunk wether they know it or not....depends on how much you drank.

I'm sure drunk drivers don't mean to kill people, they just think they aren't drunk enough and can actually drive.

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'm not an alcoholic and never have been....the times I did drink too much in the past, people had to tell me what I did because I didn't remember any of it....sometimes bits and pieces would come to me later.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Not to change the thread, but when wife and I have a margarita out, with a Mexican dinner, I try to get us home, before the tequila in the margarita kicks in. Most places we go for dinner, where we have alcohol with dinner, are very close to where we live. I'm extremely careful driving.

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'm not talking one margarita drunk...I'm talking lots of margaritas.

Although with college kids it's usually kegs but some hard stuff does happen.

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Do please understand something. I am not trying to cross swords with you or anyone else but merely trying to get the thread back on topic by pointing out that alcohol use and firearms on campus is a moot point and nothing more.

So far as your own personal experience with alcohol goes, it just doesn’t jive with the overall complexities that the mass majority of alcohol users experience. There are definitely individuals who might be like you but I have to say that they are the very few and even rare.

I can’t seriously pick one apple out of a whole basket to represent the entirety of the bushel as the media does on more occasions than not.
    In the right hands, statistics do not lie just as in the right hands, a firearm is an item of defense rather than offense.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I still dont like the idea of guns on campus.

Ive been on campus a few times recently and hear all the problems in fraternities etc....

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Actually, I have to agree with both of you, Bobby and Chrissy. Gee, how did that ever happen???

Students on campus, who are carrying and drinking could get pi**ed off at another student and pull their gun and shoot. Just like an adult could do in a nightclub or bar.

So, Chrissy, how would you handle the welfare and safety of students on campus, if none were armed, and there was an "active shooter" on the campus? Since you don't want students to be armed, who could carry and take-out the "active shooter", if need be?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

There's campus police around at all times.

Campuses are huge and even if a student had a gun he might not be anywhere near the shooter.

I'm 100% sure not all students would agree to carry guns all day.

10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The ratio of police versus population in the average city or town in the U.S. is around 1 / 2000 so a police presence isn’t a great deterrent for gun violence. The uncertainty of who might or might not have a gun handy among the population is, however, an ever present threat against violence.
    Such is the argument for open and concealed carry on a campus.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

A person that wants to shoot students doesn't really care who is armed and who isn't. Most of the time he expects to be killed anyway and sometimes even kills himself.

I see more accidents happening with armed students than with some off chance of a school shooter.

I don't know the ratio of police on campus but I do know they're everywhere....you can't even stop your car to unload your child and bags without being moved along.

I would be very uneasy if my grandson's roommate had a gun.

Anyway...I'm done with this. Nothing will change my mind.

It's topics like this that make me want to change my mind about guns and gun laws.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Perhaps we should ban cars then, because some people drive them when drunk.

I don't think that's usually true. Those who have been confronted by someone with a gun either kill themselves or surrender. The goal is often to kill as many people as possible and that gets to be a lot harder when someone is shooting back.

Likely, they want to die but they want to go out with a splash, to be a media sensation and to get their own Wikipedia page. That doesn't work so well when someone is shooting back.

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.