Government Propaganda, Disinformation And The Repression Of Free Speech

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by John Brunner, Nov 9, 2021.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I thought I would start a new thread on the hard Orwellian turn that the United States government has taken under the Biden administration. COVID is a subset of this.

Here is what prompted this...

I came across this page on the Surgeon General's website: Health Misinformation Reports and Publications.

Here is one section:
    Confronting Health Misinformation: The Surgeon General’s Advisory on Building a Healthy Information Environment

Preventing and addressing health misinformation is a major priority for the Surgeon General. In a new Surgeon General’s Advisory, available below, the Surgeon General is warning the American public about the urgent threat of health misinformation and calling for a whole-of-society approach to address health misinformation during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.

This is an excerpt from the press release on this "advisory."

This advisory lays out how the nation can confront health misinformation by helping individuals, families, and communities better identify and limit its spread, and issues a number of ways institutions in education, media, medicine, research, and government stakeholders can approach this issue. It also underscores the urgent need for technology and social media companies to address the way misinformation and disinformation spread on their platforms, threatening people's health.

Here is "A 22-page overview of health misinformation and resources to stop it."

This is one of the posters:
    Poster.jpg

There are no more pretenses.

John Nopales and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have seen a recent commercial here that I think is put out by our state CMO that advocates frequent hand washing in HOT water. Hot water should never be used, as it causes chafing of the skin on the hands and will lead to cracks and places for microbes to hide. NO personal contact of any kind--no kissing anyone, hugging anyone; handshakes or fist bumps also forbidden. Of course, masks are to be worn whenever you are near any other person, even within your household. I knew the woman and thought she was quite bright, but when she recommended vaccine administration to pregnant women, I lost all respect for her.

3. John Brunner

This is not about money, it's about depopulation. And now we're gonna have the government regulate "factual speech" from the department headed by a man who thinks he's a woman...and that is intentional.

4. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Just remove the word “health” and leave “misinformation” and it applies to what we are getting from all the news outlets. It seems that all information is skewed these days by the tellers.

5. John Brunner

Now that Pfizer got the government to work on shutting people up on their deadly product, they can go on the attack:

Twitter.jpg
    I'm surprised that Twitter allowed the responses to stand. None were supportive.

John Nopales and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

One retort that I tweeted was that Harris and Biden ought to be included in the list of offenders.

7. John Brunner

I think it's been this way all of our lives and we were just not aware of it. Heck, newspapers used to be the only source of "news" and they have always been horribly corrupt. You and I could put forth a list of famous broadcasters as though they were celebrities. It's rather chilling if you think about it.

8. John Brunner

Yeh, some were asking Pfizer if this were a confession.

John Nopales and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I was just thinking of Cronkite and never doubted him.

10. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Wow John, this could end up being the biggest thread on SOC!

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." -- H. L. Mencken

"Political language . . . is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." -- George Orwell

“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” -- H.L. Mencken

Nazi leader Herman Goering said, “The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peace-makers for lack of patriotism and for exposing the country to danger.”

"When all of human history is written, there will be a little blip of a couple hundred years showing America's experiment with liberty. Everything before, and everything after, will be about man oppressing man." -- Walter E. Williams

“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people . . . " -- John Adams, Dissertation on Canon and Feudal Law, 1765

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I see nothing wrong with that poster.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  12. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Supreme Member
    Registered

i too see nothing wrong with that poster ,,

Nancy Hart likes this.
  13. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Here we are 2 years after the OP and it seems just as bad or worse.

14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I just noted that the IRS commissioner has now told Congress that the many new agents that were sold to the uninformed as targeting the rich are actually going to be concentrating on those making less than $400,000. While that upper limit is not poor, the announcement also covers those making $30,000. Another lie from the government.