Government Plans To Employ Seniors

Discussion in 'Senior Employment' started by Corie Henson, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Aside from the impending increase in social security pension, there is also a suggestion for the government to provide employment to seniors particularly to those who are retired employees. From what I heard, the government is considering that suggestion. But instead of jubilation, the seniors have voiced out their doubts on the success of the program simply because we have age discrimination here. What company will hire a senior? The answer is none. And if there is then that hiring would only be for show. But come to think of it, there are many retired people who are still able and willing to work with their qualifications intact. All they need is a break.

I am also thinking what I would be doing when I retire. It's not good to sit around and count my retirement pay, huh.

Joe Smith and Jeff Elohim like this.
  2. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Well-Known Member
    Registered

Even if it is voluntary, staying active is important - maybe more important than a "job" ? (when all the needs are met somehow, I don't think it is a good idea nor with good results to become inactive physically or mentally (or spiritually) , as long as there is something that can be done.... )

Joe Smith likes this.
  3. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Active Member
    Registered

Please give me my job back! But 1st fire all that remained there lol.

Cody Fousnaugh and Peter Renfro like this.
  4. Boris Boddenov

Boris Boddenov Well-Known Member
    Registered

The Fed. govt has had for many years a program to re-hire annuitants. Nothing new here. The offer has gone out to former employees who have excelled in job performance during their careers.