Good Old Days Magazine

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Diane Lane, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

I am guessing that the Good Old Days magazine has an arrangement with the Reminisce magazine. Perhaps they are owned by the same people or maybe one sells its customer information to the other. Last month, I subscribed to the Good Old Days magazine and, although I had never even heard of either of these publications until they were mentioned here, I received a complimentary copy of the Reminisce magazine in the mail this morning. I imagine that someone who subscribes to one would be a likely customer for the other, and I don't mind receiving an unsolicited copy of the other magazine. I might even subscribe to it since I do like it, but I probably won't because I don't always find time to read Good Old Days. I suppose it is also possible that it was purely coincidental.

Mari North likes this.
  2. Mari North

Mari North Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I hope you'll enjoy the magazine, @Ken Anderson ! I always did when I got it, and I know my parents do, too... even tried being a contributor a time or two, but they didn't seem to be interested in a little girl fishing, which is what my story was about. Little girls in those days needed to be home helping mommy clean the house. :eek:

WELL! I would have done just about anything to get out of *that*! So fishing with my daddy and brothers it was. :) Learned some good life lessons from the banks of that fishing hole and wrote about them, but it didn't fit into the editorial needs of Good Old Days... I sold it elsewhere. :cool: Got a nice note about it from Ken Tate, though, so at least I know they read it.

GOD (oooops, probably shouldn't abbreviate that one!) is published by House of White Birches... they've been around forever and I think they even did my pen pal magazines 30 or more years ago. Not sure who publishes Reminisce.

Ken Anderson and Ike Willis like this.