Giraffe Manor. Nairobi

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Val White, May 21, 2015.

1. Val White

Val White Veteran Member
    Registered

Giraffe Manor is an old, historic ‘English country’ house dating back to the 1930s, the heyday of the colonial era in Kenya. The history of elegant-legged giraffes on its lawns dates back to the 1970s, when Jock and Betty Leslie-Melville first adopted an orphaned Rothschild giraffe, and then another. Their lives then became entirely focused on rehabilitating and preserving this threatened species, and they developed the giraffe sanctuary on the grounds.

2. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow! Amazing! I'd love a visit to a peaceful place like that manor someday with my husband on his retirement. The giraffe-presence is incredible!

3. Val White

Val White Veteran Member
    Registered

Here is the story Avigail. Enjoy [​IMG]

Avigail David likes this.
  4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't have a penchant for wild animals. When we took the Zoobic safari where we rode in a caged jeep, I was scared when the lion leaped on the side of the jeep. But the tiger was more scary because it jumped on the roof of the jeep as if trying to find a hole.

My husband loves NatGeo, the channel and the magazine that he used to buy. He has this dream of going to the Serengeti Plains that I believe is in Kenya. Not for a real safari but for a camera safari to take photos of the place and the animals as well. I'm sure my husband would appreciate having breakfast with a giraffe.