Garage/Yard/Tag Sales

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Diane Lane, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

:oops:While I ride the bus and walking to catch the bus I see from time to time yard sales signs with addresses and arrows pointing the way to the yard sale. I don't have time to go to yard sales though and it's too bad for me that I can't go to the sale. Have you watched American Pickers? You just don't know if you got something they want to buy.:) Good luck!

2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Back when I was still happily married, wifey and I would hit the yard sales and household auctions every summer weekend. At times, most of our house was furnished with yard sale or auction items. Those were fun times.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We are having a Community Garage Sale this coming Saturday. It's just for our apartment complex and residents can either sell stuff inside their enclosed garage or on card tables outside/in front of it. We will do it on card tables outside/in front. It will only last 3 hours, but apartment management is handling the advertising for it. After my wife retires, we are moving back to Colorado, so we will sell all of our new saltwater fishing gear (that we never used) and some other things we don't want to ship to Colorado. If the fishing stuff doesn't sell at the Garage Sale, I will put the stuff on Craigslist.

When we lived in Colorado before, we were involved with a Community Garage Sale a few times in a housing development old house was in. A Real Estate Agent, living in the developement, provided free advertising for those. We don't alright selling some stuff, but done better putting stuff on Craigslist and selling that way. What we didn't sell, we took to both Goodwill and Salvation Army.