Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Do you have snow now, Steve?

2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

DO WE HAVE SNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BOY DO WE EVER HAVE SNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Actually, I just went out today and planted my snow flowers.......
    They are calling for 15 to 25 cms of snow overnight and tomorrow... As I write this at almost 11:00pm, it is snowing..
    The high temp today was -6c and the low for tonight is -22c....
    We are in FULL winter and this is way too early.. It seems like the weather is about one month ahead of itself..

Bess Barber likes this.
  3. Steve North

Registered

Well..........
    its now 7:45am and it is still snowing.. I just got up to go to the bathroom and couldn't fall back asleep so I decided to come on here for a while till I get sleepy again..
    So far it has snowed about 10cms which is only 4 inches.. It isn't windy which is good.. It isn't cold at -8c which again is good..
    They are now calling for up to 25cms of snow...... More to come....

Now ............................
    Today is our food shopping day in Espanola which is a 35 minute drive from our house along the main road.. It has been cleared, plowed, and taken care of.. I STILL DON'T HAVE MY SNOW TIRES ON... I have an appointment on Wednesday to have an oil change and the snow tires installed.. Meantime, I still have All Season tires on which are NOT winter tires but are not that bad.. My winter tires are studded which is also necessary up here.. Up here there is NO such thing as summer tires.. Either All Season or Winter.. My car (KIA Sportage) has All Wheel Drive with Traction Control and also 4 Wheel Lock.. I am NOT worried and if I was, I would stay home....... Remember............. SAFETY FIRST !!!....

Bess Barber likes this.
  4. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

It was in the 40's in north Florida this morning. This is cold for us, but nothing near as pretty as snow.

5. Steve North

Registered

I MADE MY DECISION !!!!
    when I got up this morning, it was still snowing so I went back to bed..
    WE ARE NOT GOING OUT OF THE HOUSE TODAY !!!
    It is way too bad out there and going food shopping isn't an important matter.. I have enough food in the house to keep us for almost 2 weeks, so why risk going out in bad weather...
    As I write this at almost 11:00pm, it has stopped snowing.. Looks like the storm is over...
    Looks like we had about 30cms of snow which is one foot of the white stuff......
    Tomorrow is another day and if it is bad, again I won't go out... If it is nice, I MAY go food shopping....

6. Steve North

Registered

It is now just after 6:00am and the weather looks very nice..
    Seems like today could be a food shopping day depending on how my dear wife feels about it.. If not, there id always tomorrow...

7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Looks like it's going to be a Sunny morning, altho' it started off damp... . Hubs is on top of the Barn shed fixing some flashing tape... , and I'm waiting in for an Amazon delivery. if it gets here early enough we may manage to go out for a late lunch at the pub...

8. Steve North

Registered

In the game... "keep one and junk one"... we are using the word .."Job"... and it made me think of something I would like to share with you....

Lately we unfortunately lost some important men...
    Like,,, Steve Jobs...... Johnny Cash ....... Bob Hope....

now we have ........ No Job..... No Cash..... and.... No Hope.....

I do hope Kevin Bacon sticks around for a while....

9. Steve North

Registered

Today, my get up and go got up and went...
    I felt lazy, and although it was nice outside to go shopping, I just stayed home...
    Tomorrow, Monday, I will go and do what I have to do..................... maybe...
    Actually Annmarie isn't feeling very well.. I think a slight cold is starting and she needs some TLC... We were supposed to go to the local Legion for Remembrance Day services, but we will NOT go as she isn't up to going out..
    I gave her some homemade chicken soup for supper tonight which made her feel a bit better...
    I will try to get her an appointment with the doctor or the nurse practioner for ASAP...

Holly Saunders likes this.
  10. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope Anne-Marie feels better soon, Steve.. best to stay home in the warm and not risk going out in freezing temps while she's poorly...

11. Steve North

Registered

Exactly.....
    That is why I am taking good care of her so she can get better soon...
    I will be calling up the doctor soon to make an appointment with him or the Nurse Practioner whomever can see her the soonest...
    We were supposed to get our flu shot today but it will be delayed till she is better..

Meanwhile, I have an appointment on Wednesday to have the oil changed in my car as well as the snow tires are going on..
    I have 4 aggressive snow tires that are studded mounted on steel rims... That with my All Wheel Drive as well as the traction control and the 4 wheel lock should get me through almost anything come this winter......

12. Steve North

Registered

I just got off the phone with the Health Center and Annmarie has an appointment tomorrow (Tuesday) at 8:50am to see a nurse practioner..
    Now, at the same time we (me also) will get our flu shots, if she is in good enough health to get it.. otherwise I will get mine.....
    She (Annmarie) has been coughing up very colourful phlegm lately and that is a concern.. At least she will be seen, and soon.......
    Today will be another day we stay at home....

13. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sorry that Annmarie is not well, Steve. Give her an extra hug from me. {{{{Annmarie}}}}

It would probably not be a good idea for either you or her to get a flu shot tomorrow. What she has might well be flu. If it is, you have already been exposed to the virus. If doc says it's flu, ask for Tamiflu for you. My sister and BIL had flu last winter and I was exposed. I got doc to prescribe the generic for Tamiflu and I didn't get sick. Would I have gotten sick without the med? Who knows but it's better to be safe than sorry.

BTW, not trying to be bossy or anything but y'all a should have had the shot way before now!

14. Steve North

Registered

I know we should of had the shot by now, but for some unknown reason, we were very lackadaisical .....
    It still isn't too late but with her being ill, who knows when we will get the shot... Hopefully tomorrow depending on what the doc says..
    They have clinics almost every few days for the shot.. Just go and you get it on a first come first serve basis.. usually the wait time is under 5 minutes which is good...
    I will let you know what id going on when we come back home tomorrow...

15. Steve North

Registered

OK...
    The weirdest thing of all happened to me today.. We were on our way to our appointment at 8:30am to see the doctor when all of a sudden the light on my dash comes on indicating to service engine soon.. I was doing about 100kms at the time and suddenly the speed dropped down to 35kms and I couldn't go any faster..
    Luckily I was only about 2 kms from my garage so I turned around and went back to the garage to show them and find out what is going on.. They put the computer on the car and determined it was something that they could not do anything about which meant only the dealer can fix the problem.. Meanwhile the light went out and the car was acting perfect..
    I called up the doc's office and explained what happened and they booked us for Thursday at 9:00am instead...Very understanding ..
    I proceeded on to Espanola where we did some food shopping, had lunch and then came home.. If the light would of come on again, I would of gone back to the garage but the car is running perfect..
    I called up the dealer when I got home to let them what is going on.. I was told not to worry about the problem but should it ever happen again, call for a towing and have the car brought into the dealer so they can see.. Towing is free from anywhere as long as the car is under warranty which it is for 4 more years..
    My car is a 2017 KIA Sportage with only 35,000 kms on it.. It was a demonstrator that I bought in 2018 and they gave me 5 year warranty as of the day I bought it even though it was on the road for a few months..