Free Stuff

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Bobby Cole, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

On the advice of another person, here is something I did about 6 months ago.
    I looked up the web site for Kings Hawaiian bread and posted a good review on the contact us part of the site. Before it's even asked, yes, I have tried the bread before and posted a true critique.
    About 2 weeks later we got a large envelope via snail mail which contained several free coupons for different types of Kings Hawaiian bread products.

Yesterday, a FedEx truck delivered a package to us which contained a gift wrapped pack of dinner rolls, a Hawaiian schemed halloween bag, a pair of sunglasses, a coupon for 15% off at their site store and several free coupons for more bread.

In theory, a person could look up the sites for products they use, (or not) write a review and probably receive a bunch of free stuff or at least a %off coupon.

Just a thought.

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

...Bobby, look out your window!!
    --
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

[​IMG]

3. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I like the Hawaiian bread for breakfast, french toast hawaian bread is very good. Maybe I can get a coupon or two if I write a review. Good Job.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Interesting and also worth trying! My only problem is Im only home for 2-3 weeks at a time. Would hate to have something delivered when Im not home.

But I do like the idea and nothing to lose if you dont get anything either.

5. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think we have that bread line here, but I will look in the bigger Wegmans grocery store. I know that Hillshire farms is generous if you send them a letter. Years ago i wrote about something we experienced with the polish sausage and they sent a bunch of coupons.

I am thinking I might try this on the company that makes the Bunny Chow we buy, they just changed the packaging and I really do like it better then the old bag type they had, now it is a hinged bin and that is so much better and easier to store. i could use a coupon or two since the bunny eats like a moose.

I have the same problem though, I am not home alot so I hate when things are delivered to the house because the mailman just leaves them on the porch. We have to much foot traffic and I could see where a package could be a temptation to a passerby.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Way to go with the free stuff which I gather was totally unexpected! The review was from your heart and not to gain anything so the surprise of the free goodies makes it all the sweeter! I never knew you could get free stuff when you write a review for products. Though I did write a review a very long time ago to Bic for their new product at the time which was miniature lighters that I loved! Did you know too I got free Bic pens in the mail with a thank you letter! How nice of companies to be kind to us reviewers! :)

Diane Lane likes this.