Forums Involvement

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Frank Sanoica, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Veteran Member
    Registered

Before we experienced fast performance, on "dial-up", I had no idea there were as many, or as widespread a subject matter, of forums on line. I quickly, once getting DSL, became involved in 30 hours worth a day, if that's possible.

Today I regularly visit about 5 or 6, SOF included.

How many, and what types of forums do you regularly view?
    Frank

2. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have been online since the late 90s using a modem for posting to newsgroups on the usenet. Later I became aware of internet forums. I started commenting on TV broadcasts and discovered that the community did not only talk about those but about a wide range of issues, mostly political ones, though. When the TV channel closed its forum because FB had become more in vogue I didn't want to do without online forums and began to actively look for alternatives. I tried several forums and left a good many of them after some time. Have never been on FB. Currently, I post here on SOC and on two other German-language forums that are general discussion forums like SOC and they also are SO. :D

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Very Well-Known Member
    Patron Registered

Although I have been involved in other forums in the past, this is the only forum I currently post on. Most of the others were involving our lifestyle choices--gardening, livestock, etc. This is the only "seniors" forum I have ever connected with.

Bess Barber and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Veteran Member
    Registered

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've joined several forums over the years for all kinds of interests, but currently I mainly participate in a couple of senior forums and a couple of RVing forums. I usually sign up for forums if I have technical difficulties with websites or computer issues (Microsoft, Apple, Mozilla, etc.) but I don't stick around on those when my problem is resolved. I just go there to whine for help. :D I've been a moderator on a couple of forums, too.

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Patron Registered

I'm a member of Loads.. most of which I no longer actively post... and have been a member of forums in what way or another for over 20 years!!

off the top of my head there's only 3 forums if which I post regularly including this one... ,and 3 more of which I post sporadically!! several are British based forums

Bess Barber likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Patron Registered

A few years ago I made a few extra bucks doing some content writing which pretty much demanded contributions on multiple forums and on several different formats. I generally stuck with military, health and IQ related formats and there were a couple of social gatherings that needed what I call “push and sample” writers but they no longer exist even for casual writing.
    After a while I found too many inconsistencies in the system so I simply bowed out of the content writer game.

I still visit a couple of body building sites just to keep up with who’s doing what and how they are doing it but other than that, this is the only forum I frequent.

Bess Barber and Frank Sanoica like this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Veteran Member
    Registered

This one, a Colorado Fishing one, a relocation one, two boat/boating ones, FB. Before I join a new forum, I'll check to see how active it is. If I see very little activity, I won't join.

Bess Barber likes this.
  9. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Years ago tried a few..nope. All who know of me on here already know not a fan of FB.Even some of my own post the
    most moron type things on there.
    Sooo I fell for this forum hook line and sinker:). This the only forum I have ever spent any real time on. Probably the only one I ever will. I did observe a debate forum ..um not, I could tell quickly way to violent and nasty for me.;)

10. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Gloria Mitchell

Now, what in the world might be too nasty for you? [​IMG]

Frank

Gloria Mitchell likes this.
  11. Gloria Mitchell

Registered

Talk about slaughtering folk who don't agree.... Lolol very cute Frank

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  12. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Well-Known Member
    Registered

I was on several forums through the years. Then, I took a 10 year haitas, starting with my husband getting sick and I didn't want to talk about it or pretend I was in a happy mood. I ran across this one by accident while looking up insurance information. I'm really glad I did.

13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Patron Registered

Been here for around 4 or so years and didn’t know @Ken Anderson had an insurance plan.
    Only kidding Bess. I can see how looking up insurance plans especially for seniors would lead you here.
    By the bye, I’m glad you found us.

14. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Gloria Mitchell
    Hmmmm. Seems my intent at jest is lately often taken as trampling. Hoo, boy!

Frank

15. Gloria Mitchell

Registered

What the devil are you talking about Frank ? You haven't said anything wrong..

Frank Sanoica likes this.