Forum Members Messages And Alerts -- Share Here

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Yvonne Smith, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

@Lara Moss I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. Just do what you need to do, and come back to visit when you can. If you need to talk, this is a good place, and you know the people here understand what you're going through.

2. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Your messages have touched me deeply. My eyes puddled up as I read each one. You are all dear dear friends and I will stay in touch. Thank you Yvonne, Patsy, Chrissy, Ina, and Diane. Bless you all.

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I was gone for a few days due to technical problem which may linger for more days. It's difficult for me to use my phone for the forum. But I will try. My computer is blocked... not allowed to surf anymore.

4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Corie Henson I hope it is a temporary block. :( Is it your computer, or an online connection problem? Are you having it repaired, or are you going to have to get another computer? I hope you get it fixed soon. :)

Corie Henson likes this.
  5. Corie Henson

Registered

@Ina I. Wonder it's not really technical but just to abide by the policy in keeping astride with security measures. One sure way of avoiding computer virus is not to use the computer for Internet. Also included in the policy is the use of the USB stick. My laptop is an official issue by the company so they have the control.

Diane Lane and Holly Saunders like this.
  6. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

@Corie Henson you need to get a Kindle. They are not expensive, and you can use them to go online, play games, read books, you can even write documents on them. The first year I was online was with a kindle. If you have Amazon access you could catch a sale and get one for less than a $100.

Ask @Yvonne Smith , she is really up on those kind of things. :D

Corie Henson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The Kindle Fire that I have cost only $45. They are up to $50 now but I can get online with it easy enough, and use it to get on the forum often. I prefer my iMac for that, but while I am still in bed or at a restaurant, the Kindle works fine.

8. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

The Kindle may go on sale for the Christmas holidays too, and be even less. I think at one time they were offering them for 39, but yeah any kind of inexpensive tablet would probably work I think. The Kindle Fire really is great though, I consider it to be one of the best purchases I have ever made honestly.

Ina I. Wonder and Tim Burr like this.
  9. Ken Anderson

They also sell reconditioned ones, which might suffice.

10. Corie Henson

Registered

At this early, may I declare that I will be out for a few days. I will be in Singapore on Oct 27 until the end of the month and then go to Davao City for a short vacation. Davao City is the city where our President Duterte hails from. He stays there during weekends and we are hoping to see him in flesh.

Aside from my vacations, I am trying to find ways to use another computer because you will notice my posts lately which are very short because it's really too difficult to use the phone. And I couldn't just buy a tablet because it is not cheap.

Diane Lane likes this.
  11. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

@Corie Henson have you looked at the Kindle Fire's? They have gotten very economical lately. They make an excellent way to go online, and they so convenient to carry in a purse. I really think you should check them out. You should be able to pick one up for less than $50.

Corie Henson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I have bought a couple of Kindles on eBay, and some were used and one was refurbished, and they were all good usable kindles. I paid under $25 for any of them. the first one was just the e-reader, and I gave that to my friend because she had trouble holding a regular book. Then I got an early model Kindle Fire. Later, I gave that away, too, and got a new Kindle Fire HD, and that is the one that I still use.
    I mainly use it for reading because it is smaller and lighter weight than my iPad, but still much larger than my phone.I think that the Kindle is a great device, they are inexpensive and still are a high quality tablet and you can do everything with them.
    I would think that if you can go on vacations, that you could at least consider getting a tablet for under $50, @Corie Henson . Besides, it would be perfect to take along on the vacations, and you can connect to free wifi wherever you are at usually.

13. Corie Henson

Registered

Tablets here costs $200 and although I know some vendors, that amount is considered extravagant in our home. Oh you know who I am referring to. My husband is very practical when it comes to purchases. I hope I can go back to my normal routine when my vacation ends in November.

Another thing with tablet is my orientation. Much used with the operation of the laptop, there is an adjustment period... that I may not have the time.

Diane Lane likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

Tablets here are in that range too, but the Amazon Kindle Fire is much cheaper. Does Amazon deliver where you are?

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  15. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

You can also get a Samsung Galaxy Tablet for a decent price. I don't know how delivery works to the Philippines, but perhaps you could find an inexpensive one while on your trip, if not before. If you do go for a Galaxy tab, do not get the 8GB one, get at least a 16GB, if not higher, because Samsung tends to load them up with bloatware that limits your ability to use other programs with the entry level tablets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.