Forum Members Messages And Alerts -- Share Here

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Yvonne Smith, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Ina I. Wonder,
    Sorry to hear you have health problems,blood pressure is such a complex issue ,I have the opposite and doctors don't reall know how to fix either high or low BP
    I'm guessing your dizziness is associated with the low BP, do take care ,I should check into this part of the forum more often
    image.gif

Ina I. Wonder and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Thinking of you Ina :)
    [​IMG]

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Kate Ellery , last year it was high BP. This year it's low BP. But last Wensday, I was diagnosed with pneumonia, and told to go to the hospital.

Have you ever taken a big swallow of coffee, cough, and choke all in the same instance? I did this the week before. Of course the coffee went into my sinuses, and into my lungs. The doctor said I aspirated most of the coffee into my lungs.

No, I didn't go the doctor or the emergency room. It took me a bit, but I finally got the doctor to understand I wasn't going. I'm AFRAID of hospitals. I don't trust them. Last time I was in one for diverticulitis, I ended up having three grand mall seizures. If my husband hadn't been with me, one of those seizure would have killed me. So, going to a hospital by myself ain't happening.

As you can imagine, the doctor wasn't happy, but he's put me on steroids, a couple antibiotics, and anti-inflammatories.

With the promise to head for the emergency room if it's not better by Saturday for an infusion IV antibiotics. That won't be happening.

This is my 8th or 9th time to have pneumonia, and diffidently not the worst. So I'm taking all the meds, and sleeping a lot.

So watch that first swallow of coffee, or you could get this.

image.jpeg

4. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Ina I. Wonder
    What a gal ......................:D Keep going me darlin' x

5. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Dang that's scary Ida I have never choked on coffee, but I am sure it could happen. I have choked on strange things before like grapefruit juice, gum and even my own salivia. It is certainly possible to have a reaction that is scary even with little choking episodes. I am sorry you are going through this, and I really hope everything will be OK. It is always scary when things happen that are beyond your control. It is not a good feeling.

6. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Luv it @Ina I. Wonder :D..your allot like me I don't trust the doctors where I live,if you go to them all they do is sit back in their chair,and say oh you have the measles as an example :eek::eek:
    Years ago I knew a bloke who said you are better off going to a vet ;) after all he has to work out what's wrong with animals ,he can't say now tell me!!! where is it hurting :pso they are more skilled at their profession :D
    You take care

Yvonne Smith and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Doctors are doctors, good, poor, great, and indifferent. I have over my lifetime encountered all of these. I greatly miss the old Welshman who treated me as a child. He brought me into this world. I despise the later-encountered oral surgeon who insisted I had a cyst in my jawbone. I feel sorry for the practitioner who was my PCP in MO, before there were PCPs. But, he listened. He was in good faith, trying to help.

My newest doctor listens more than he talks. So refreshing! He deliberates, as though the next "viewing" in the adjacent room doesn't exist! He is Agreeable! God, it's been a year, I do so hope he is still "in business".
    Frank

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ina I. Wonder - Good morning, Ina! I have been wondering about you, since I have missed seeing your posts! When we heard from you last, you were spending the day under the covers. What you are going through is serious, and I hope that in time, with meds, you will improve and feel better. I am praying for you, my friend.
    [​IMG]

9. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

That is a really cool poster Joe. I will take a bit of all of them,,, Thanks for posting! It will get the day off right.

Joe Riley likes this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I know that's scary. I've had some minor problems of this nature and it can be a frightful thing. Sometime, Ina, hospitals can be better than the alternative. Don't take too many chances.

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Just saying hello Ina and .....................

upload_2016-9-30_12-40-2.png

@Ina I. Wonder Xx

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is a prayer request for our long lost friend, @Lara Moss . I just (happily) received a message from Lara, whose mother has been so ill, as most of us remember, and her mother passed away in September, and Lara is still trying to recover from the loss. Please keep Lara in your prayers, and hopefully, she will also be back with us on the forum soon.
    I have missed her participation in the forum, and I know that everyone else has missed her, too.

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Good wishes to Lara :)

Lara Moss and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_6084.JPG

Very sorry to hear this @Lara Moss , hope to see you on here soon, it helped me when my mom died in June. We will support you any way we can. ((((Lara))).

15. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Lara, do what you need to, and remember to give yourself some space. We'll be here for you when your ready. We all have missed you so very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.