Forgive or Not?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Richard Paradon, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Years ago I was given a book titled 'Don't Sweat the Small Stuff' when I was going through a very rough season in my life and read it from cover to cover. It really put a lot in perspective too regarding forgiveness. After a time I was able to ask to be forgiven for any hurt that I may have cause and didn't expect a response (which I didn't get either, no matter) and forgave them too but unspoken. That person still continued to belittle me in ways that made me wonder if I would renege on forgiving that person. At that point I turned to the Word of God and prayer.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Veteran Member
    Registered

I think with friendship Von, misunderstandings often occur
    Talking things through is a must, but some people are stubborn and in those cases
    friendship would be to hard to maintain :)

@Von Jones

Chrissy Cross and Von Jones like this.
  3. Paulie Sirico

Paulie Sirico New Member
    Registered

As they say- “He who angers you controls you.” When you step away from the hurt, you step nearer to inner peace.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

Is forgiveness something that one can simply decide to do? I think that a decision to do the Christian thing would be the beginning of the road to forgiveness, but forgiveness is something that you have to have in your heart, speaking figuratively. I might tell someone that I forgive them, and I might truly resolve to forgive them, but if they are still unforgiven in my heart, I haven't really forgiven them. Yes, I am well aware that forgiveness is something that non-Christians are capable of too, but I can understand it only in a Christian perspective. In that sense, forgiveness would be an indication of the strength of my relationship with God rather than my relationship with the person to be forgiven.

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

What beautiful posts on forgiveness. :)