For The Most Part, We Need More Females In Charge!

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Joy Martin, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It's like they say; power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. So in my opinion you will end up with the same problems; if you had more females in power.

Mary Stetler and Marie Mallery like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I worked for Catalina Ambulance Service, it was a woman-owned company, but she didn't insert herself into the company's day-to-day operations insofar as the staff and crew were concerned. She was around every day, and it's not like she wouldn't talk to people, but the directions came from the director rather than the owner. He was the only one whom she communicated with on business affairs.

However, when I first started in EMS, approximately one-third of my students were female, but only a few of them could find work on an ambulance; most were shuttled into the office or dispatching. That began to change in the 1990s, and although it was still a male-dominated profession, there were some female supervisors before I left, and one entire ambulance company was staffed with women. I have never considered a female medic inferior to a male medic in any way. There were weaknesses, such as upper-body strength, but there were strengths as well, and even the weaknesses didn't apply to everyone.

It wasn't uncommon for someone to point out that a female medic couldn't lift as well as a male medic, but I could always point to male medics who needed help lifting patients, too. When a male medic had trouble lifting a patient, the weakness wasn't assigned to the entire gender, and the strengths weren't generally acknowledged until it came time for a patient to give birth. Every male medic would pass that assignment off on their female partner without hesitation, and, in general, female patients preferred female medics.

But this thread is about women being in charge. On that topic, apart from the established fact that women are unreasonable, I don't have a problem with that. I've never liked anyone being in charge, and have worked under plenty of men I considered not worth listening to.

3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I'll give you an A for effort.
    Where we shine is the nursery, but we can do whatever needs done. Although we do have limits. Now the nursery has been turned over to institutions called " child care".
    When I worked on GM Auto assembly line back in 1973, my foreman said," women should be home in the kitchen and pregnant, which I answered, It was a man like you who got me here. He was the same foreman who's desk I kept my half pint hidden under, he never found it.Thursday the whole plant was tipsy on Thursday.
    I had to scroll back up top to find subject, back on track, women can get it done if they have to, but I think their is a limit. Not s feminist, they throw out the baby with the bathwater.

John Brunner and Jake Smith like this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

"Complementary" is being destroyed. "Better than" and "Instead of" ain't gonna work, and require a whole bunch of denial and lies to pretend they have merit.

This has been a bilateral message.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Not sure I know what your saying but that's ok too, I may look up ,'bilateral though.
    All I'm saying is men and women are different in 2 important ways. Emotion and strength.
    This is what makes us complete package. Long as we both also have character and a heart. Women more so on the heart thing. A man couldn't get his job done if he was worried about too many things going on.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. Alice Williams

Registered

We need more smart people with good old common sense. Just increasing the amount of females won't do the trick. Look at Kamala Harris, for example.

7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Since I am not in a debatable mood today - I is gonna pass on this topic. I am feeling to good to F it up :rolleyes:

8. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

What we don't NEED are people working for govt and making mega bucks, pensions, everything cushy t hey can find....

O h and I don't even think of K Harris.....

I always had a respect for Hillary....

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
  9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I used to think a female president would cure our ills.
    That was before Hillary was actually a thing.:eek:

Jake Smith likes this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I lost respect for Hillary when she sat there passively while Bill lied about Monica.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  11. Joy Martin

Registered

Oh hail, s he chose to stay by her man, I don't like what Bill's other head and monica did, but good lord not the end of the world and end a marriage????? I wonder what I would do if in t hat position with my EX???? My EX didn't give me a choice to Save Our Marriage,,, ir was all his decision, Hillary and Bill and Chelsea not so....

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
  12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I don't doubt that she chose to "stand by her man" because she had too much hubris and was enjoying the prestige of the White House. Hillary has always had lofty aspirations and she wouldn't let something as insignificant as a straying husband deter her.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  13. Celia Jenkins

Celia Jenkins Well-Known Member
    Registered

Being a good politician has nothing to do with gender. The problem is that too many people go into politics for personal reasons. They don't actually care about the country and its people.

14. Joy Martin

Registered

So her choice and MANY make the same choice......what's wrong and right in our lives, murder and stealing is wrong for a couple starters..Lying is a big offender but necessary little white lies to protect one....The WORLD is full of LIES....

So wondering Beth would you stand by your man????

Last edited: Apr 28, 2024
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

No, I would not. Apparently he wasn't "standing by" me, so pfffffffffffffft.