Fitbit Inspire

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Denise Evans, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

..I just got a new Fitbit Inspire 3 from 2022. Read good reviews on it though, and I am so glad I went for it. Usually I have to have the latest and greatest, but this little watch is just right for me, said "Goldilocks" ;)

I had first bought a Fitbit Charge 5, and it was so big for me the dial part covered the whole top of my wrist, and the band was super stiff plastic of some sort. So I had to send that back, and said heck with having a smart-watch. But then I came across another, the Fitbit Inspire 3. But nope I didn't buy it online, and forgot about it.

Then I went to Walmart for a few items, and yep, went over to electronics just to see what they had. They had a tiny watch on display, and one for sale. I took one look and knew it would fit me, felt the band, it was so soft and flexable. So I got it and it hasn't been taken off my wrist yet;)

I'm looking forward to finding out how my sleep it, it's charts/records everything I want to know, heart-rate, different types of exercise I do, I guess BP too which I guess will be good to know. Of course how many calories which is never really that accurate but fun to have an idea.

Anyway, it's good to have just the watch again. I always loved wearing a watch. This can also get texts, even do phone calls which I wouldn't use, although the text might be fun ;)

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Bobby and I both had a Fitbit Inspire when we had the Humana Advantage plan. We had an OTC allowance and we bought the Inspire from Humana using the OTC allowance, so it didn’t really cost us an actual money.
    Ours was the older Inspire 2 version.

We both have an Apple Watch, so we really didn’t need a Fitbit, except that the Humana fitness program would sync with a Fitbit, but not with an Apple Watch; so we just wore the Inspire to track exercise and steps for Humana. We got points for steps we took each day, and reward gift cards from the points; so it was worth wearing it.

It should do a good job on tracking all of your exercise, as well as sleep and steps each day, and the app makes it easy to see what is happening; so you will like that, too.
    Sometimes, they give you a free year of premium with the app, so you might want to check for that when you register your Fitbit with the app.

Denise Evans likes this.
  3. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I had a Garmin brand of sports type of watch after upgrading from a clip on the belt recorder for counting steps it was tiny compared to the Apple Watch ,the band was that black rubbery type and it got a smell after being worn for few days
    I had it about 6 months but testing it , it was not very accurate as I knew how far regular walks were and it was recording far more distance than we actually done , but good on ya for investing in a watch to monitor your health @Denise Evans and of course Heath and welfare devices have come ahead in leaps and bounds since I bought the Garmin ( both DH and I had one )

We bought our Apple Watches in 2020 think it was without going into Apple to look it up ,and of course they are getting outdated as well they are version 6 .

I’ve mentioned before DH watch showed he’d had 6 episodes of atrial fibrillation one night Without him even knowing ( about 10 months ago ) he was able to send the automatically saved info his watch recorded via email to a cardiologist in minutes.

DH had never had any reason to see / visit a cardiologist before this happened , I believe AF is not life threatening but he was put on blood thinners and given a tablet to take if he ever notices any further problems / alerts in his phone where the watch records all the info
    He still gets a odd attack of AF and continues to see the cardiologist every 6 months

4. Denise Evans

Registered

They still give a 6-month free trial, maybe used to be 1-year, but I talked to 2 of my friends on my Ketogenic forum and the guy has a Fitbit Ispire 3, and the gal went from a Fitbit Charge 5, but it failed her after she got it wet. But they both said they found everything they needed was in the free subscription.

I read through the differences on a chart at, I think it was the actual Fitbit site. I saw all I need comes with the free so I am super glad as I still payed quite a bit for this watch. I was hoping not to "need" to pay 9 something a month, or a yearly amount after the trial ended. I usually don't go with premium anything at first because if I'm satisfied with what I have, no need for premium. I did that with both Youtube and X. X I never got premium, but for Youtube, I didn't want ads interrupting viewing my videos etc.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Fitbit Inspire @Yvonne Smith. I think mostly, it will be fun for me to see, and also if I want to share anything with my doc ;)

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We used the Fitbit premium for the first year, since it came along with the app for free; but did not renew it once the free trial expired. All we cared about was that it synced with Humana, so there was nothing in the premium version that we needed either, because all of the other health information comes from our Apple Watch.
    I think that you will really enjoy having the Fitbit, @Denise Evans , we both love our Apple Watches. We both have older models of the Apple Watch, but they still do everything we need for our health information.

Denise Evans likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

I was interested in Garmins as well, but that was a few years ago ;) I heard good things about them. I found out there are some really nice bands that will fit different smart watches and I'll show you one that the lady was wearing that sold me my watch, I'll put it below.

I am glad to have the "sleep monitoring" and the heart-rate as well. I will be working on familiarizing myself with all the bell and whistles tomorrow, but I do have my basics down already so I can do my workout about 9 o'clock tomorrow morning. I have had some insomnia, so hope to see how much sleep I'm actually getting. I just hope there's a way the keep my watch from vibrating. Maybe it should have been on that other thread, :rolleyes: but it's been vibrating giving me a reminder to exercise, LOL!! Maybe I set something by accident ;) I'll get the hang of it though, good to see you Kate!! Denise

Kate Ellery likes this.
  7. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven’t checked how much sleep including deep sleep I got last night ,yet and it’s 1 pm here right now
    I’ll go do it now ..hee hee :):) it usually pops up on my watch but that’s on the charger right now

Denise Evans likes this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes, I wake up, sometimes lay there an hour or more, but lately I've fallen right back to sleep so things are getting better for me. There's no real pattern with my sleep, except the same wake up about every 2-3 hours. I still do well the next day if I can fall back to sleep ;)

Let me know what your reading was Kate? I'll do mine tonight if I can set this up right ;)

Ok @Yvonne Smith & @Kate Ellery I found how to set up my sleep. I got to bed at 8:00, I was up at 4 a.m. this morning, no nap today either so I'll be ready to read about an hour. We're having a bad storm so the electricity may go out, but I have my ever-present Kindle Fire :) so I didn't choose a goal, reminder of bedtime, or a wake up because I do all those things naturally.

Tomorrow I'll come in and let you know how it went. This is way more fun know you both use the watches ;) Maybe others will chime in too :) Denise

Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Denise, you can turn off the "Hourly Activity Reminder" in the app. Open the app on your phone and from the Dashboard, click on the green circle in the top right-hand corner (probably has your initial in the circle). Then do this...

- Select Fitbit Settings
    - Select Activity and Wellness
    - Select Daily Activity
    - Select Hourly Activity Goal

You should see the toggle button at the top that says "Reminders to Move". Just toggle to the off position and back out of the menus.

Yvonne Smith and Denise Evans like this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

Thanks Beth, luckily I don't think it vibrated during the night, but I don't care for the "reminders" anyway, so I'll follow your instructs ;)

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

As far as I know they don't vibrate at night, but you can set up the time(s) you want in the app. I have owned several different Fitbit devices over the years and have always liked keeping up with my heart rate and getting notifications (text message, etc) on my wrist.

I imagine you know that Google bought Fitbit last year and things have gone downhill with product support. A lot of people don't like Google tracking them, but I figure if they want to track me wandering around inside my house then pffffffffffft.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

I did realize Google owned Fitbit when I've been forced to log into my Google account, not make a new one with Fitbit.com. I heard a lot of complaints in the Fitbit community, but I'm glad I got the little watch anyway. Even if it's not going to last long, I'm still happy with especially the size, bells and whistles I can have free.

I wonder why my sleep was so off, I think I mentioned that but probably on my ketogenic forum. It showed I slept 8.5 hours but I know for certain, I only got about 4 if that.
    I imagine it tracks just resting as well. I don't know how all that works yet. I know it's over the top on walking and I have only walked around here since the storm started 2 days ago, rain maybe longer.

One thing is to get it to not accumulate past days, or add them I mean. So I see that days of the week can be set, I'll look into that ;) like only show me 24 hours of data??

Beth Gallagher likes this.