First, Do No Harm...

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

No doubt she will get herself a fine lawyer who will jump on the Munchausen by proxy defense. Anyone who would do this is either seriously mentally ill, or evil. Being (or formerly being) a pediatric nurse, she would know how sick this could make her daughter. Obviously she observed parents and children getting attention and support due to illnesses, but what a sick way to derive attention.

http://abc13.com/news/former-pediatric-nurse-found-guilty-of-poisoning-her-own-daughter/1000564/

http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/sick/munchausen.html

2. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

This story makes me want to cry! I'm afraid I have no sympathy at all for this miserable mother- in-name-only! What I'd like to know is how can you poison a child with salt? Did she inject it, or was she actually able to convince this poor child to eat it? When my kids were small, they wouldn't touch anything that had salt added to it, if they could taste the salt.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, stories like this make me sick. I hope they elaborate, because it would be interesting to hear more about her situation, not that that would excuse this type of behavior. The girl was 4 at the time, so she was probably still pretty compliant, although I would think it was probably injected. Severely dehydrated people are often given saline drips or nasogastric tubes, and the mother probably upped the saline to dangerous amounts. Who knows what the mother has been doing to her all along. The child probably didn't think anything was odd, and was too young and accustomed to the mother's odd behavior to protest.

Brittany Houser likes this.