Films On 2nd Viewing

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Patsy Faye, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

As a child I saw a film titled 'Pepe' - I was enthralled by it, a lovely white horse was the main feature for me
    I never forgot how I loved the film and hoped one day to see it again.
    45 years went by and I sat down ready to watch this movie - I hated it ! It was just awful and silly :rolleyes:
    But - the horse was 'special'
    Ever happened to you ? Seeing a film again, years later and thinking what the hell is this ! ..........:p

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Oh yes. Music too. Some of it stands the test of time, others don't.

3. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Ken Anderson - true, although there is only one song that suddenly grated on me, it was the backing, awful it was - like a punishment :p

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Got that right, Ken!

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

The first time we watched The Force Awakens, I didn't like it that much at all. I am, and always will be 3, 4 and 5 fan. Love all the characters in those three. Actually, we'd better since we have Halloween costumes of Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper. But, after seeing The Force Awakens a second time (rented), I liked it a little more.

The first time I watched The Blues Brothers movie, I really liked it. We ended up getting it for our DVD Movie Library. Now, the last time we watched it, we came to realize just how much foul language is in it. Sure isn't at the top of our list anymore for movies we like.

My wife really loves John Travolta, but his movie To Paris With Love, is the same way...........full of foul language.

6. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh - bad language ruins a film for me and switch off
    We like good dialogue and if its filled with bad - it ain't good to listen to - right Cody ? :)

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, not exactly. Even though we don't like bad language in a movie, we do have a few movies that have some bad language, and even a little sexual stuff in them, that we do like.

Shoot, we have/like the movie Grownups, but some scenes sure aren't "family" related.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

I don't mind the 'odd' word, but not all through the flippin' script :eek: :p

9. Julie Stewart

Julie Stewart Veteran Member
    Registered

Bambi. Still reduces me to a sniffling wreck. Even the music.

I'm pretty sure there's no bad language.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  10. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Julie Stewart
    The film that had me a wreck was 'Love is a many splendored thing'
    I just sobbed - I tried it again, years later, thought I'd be OK knowing what was to come - SOBBED again
    I can't chance watching again ....................

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Sort of funny, but I remember a job interview I was in and the Supervisor-Director asked me "have you ever got emotional before?" I thought it was a little bit of an odd question, but he wanted to know more about my personality. I looked at him and said, "I really got teary-eyed watching the end of the movie ET, when ET hugged Elliot." Apparently he liked my experience and my answer b/c he hired me! Best job I ever, and I do mean "ever", had. Nice salary and bene's.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  12. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Funny, that doesn't sound like a typical interview question, but like you said, I think he just wanted more insight into your personality, and whether you were a nice guy, and one that would fit in with XYZ company. It is the way of the world I think. I am really glad the job worked out to your satisfaction.

13. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh my. The first time I saw ET I cried so hard the gentleman sitting in front of me turned around to check on me. I have seen the movie several times snd it still gets to me.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  14. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Don't laugh, please. When I first saw the movie Total Recall some decades ago in the theater, I did not fully understand the story including the climax where Arnold Schwarzenegger revealed that he had a full recollection. When that same movie was shown on cable tv a few months ago, my husband and I decided to watch it again. I have to admit that we were both enthralled by the setting of the movie since it is science fiction and set in Mars. Considering that my husband is a fan of science fiction, I was really surprised to hear that like me, he didn't fully understand the movie.

I said don't laugh, okay?

15. Patsy Faye

Registered

Okey cokey :p
    (that means okay)