Fb And Freaked Out

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Gloria Mitchell, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm glad you were able to solve the mystery @Gloria Mitchell.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't have many pics on there so I'm not worried...they can have them.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

I've never heard of that. Maybe Facebook figures I wouldn't look good in a necklace.

Chrissy Cross and Harry Havens like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We had a good friend on Facebook who opened a new page and sent me another friend request. It had the same pictures as his older account, and i just assumed that he had lost his password, or just needed to make a new page for some reason.
    He wrote to me and asked if we had gotten our free grant yet. It didn’t make much sense to me; but since he ran a food pantry for homeless and poor people, I was not surprised that he was getting some kind of a free grant. What didn’t make sense was why he was asking if we had received our grant yet, because there was no reason that we would qualify for anything like that .
    I wrote back, asking for more information, and he said that when he got his free grant, he had seen our name on the list as also being eligible for one, and then he included a link for me to go and sign up for my grant.
    At this point, I was getting really suspicious, so i messaged our friend Chester on his old account, and he said that he had not opened a new account and didn’t know anything about any kind of free grant. So I let him know that his account had been copied, and that he should contact Facebook and have it deleted, and I unfriended this person who was the fake account.
    I do not know what other reasons someone would steal and account and add your friends, but this is at least one thing that can happen.

5. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

After what happened yesterday- I was approved to join a site I had not requested to join. This has happened several times last few years...but with people not groups. Least by dumping FB just one less thing for me to worry about.
    :D

6. Ken Anderson

Registered

Facebook groups can join people who haven't requested to join. I thought there was a way to prevent them from doing so, but I don't see one now. They may have removed that option.

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

What do you mean? A group can list me as a member even if I didn't want to join???

8. Gloria Mitchell

Registered

I think they can invite you to join...vs you askibg them.

9. Ken Anderson

Registered

Yes, they can. You can then leave the group and I think there is then an option for you to reject any further listings with that group.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks, never heard of that before.

11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Makes me glad I don't have a Facebook account. Some of my family do and they plaster my picture all over it. They say they have their account set to private and nobody can see them but their friends. Well, that's kinda like having a secret. You tell your best friend and swear them to secrecy. They only tell their sister and swear her to secrecy. She tells her husband and he tells his friend who tells his wife and so on and on. Pretty soon everybody in town knows your secret. You post a picture on Facebook, your friends share it with their friends and pretty soon everybody on the internet has a copy. I have asked them not to post anymore pictures of me.

Gloria Mitchell likes this.
  12. Gloria Mitchell

Registered

@Shirley Martin ... One thing that really bugs me on FB...are those who post pictures if those in hospital in a coma or near death. Those people desrve to be left alone in privacy.

13. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

If they post my picture when I'm near death, I'm gonna come back and haint them. :D