Fantasy Dinner Party

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Tom Locke, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Let's imagine that we can invite anybody from any era to a dinner party. We need a restriction on numbers, my entirely arbitrary number being six. Who would you invite?

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Why all of my favorites on here of course. I have more than 6 favorite people though so it would be a hard decision who to cut. That was my kidding around answer, when I think of 6 serious ones, I'll get back to you. :)

But I really would like to have dinner with ALL of you.

3. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow, only 6?. But now that there is only 6, I can't decide. For sure,
    Mary Magdalene
    Benjamin Franklin
    King Henry the 8th

..............maybe George Washington. Maybe I'll get more ideas from the rest of you.

Editing for maybe Beethoven, but I read he wasn't very friendly. Then there's Julia Child...hmmmm

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Starting my list with:

1. Trump......interesting man no matter what you think of him.
    2. Robin Williams....funny and complex and would ask, "why"?
    3. Da Vinci
    4.Stephen Hawking

Will edit as I think of more.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  5. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Oooh, I like this. I'm going to ban myself from listing ancestors because although dinner with them would be pure awesomeness, I don't think that's what you meant.

1. Obvious answer first... Jesus. I doubt that I'd have to even say anything, just rest in His presence.
    2. Mother Teresa... I'm not Catholic, but I'd love to hear how she always had that calm demeanor.
    3. Robert E. Lee... I'm a Yank :p but I'd love to know the "WHY???" for Pickett's Charge at Gettysburg.
    4. King Solomon... who couldn't use a shot of pure wisdom occasionally?
    5. Sigmund Freud... I'd like to tell him how things *really* are and how people *really* tick. :D
    6. Nostradamus... Just to ask how? Why?

I can't wait to hear the other answers! Don't forget to list your own, @Tom Locke !

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Well this is a superb idea! I'd invite for a luncheon with elaborate finger food, orange juice, grape juice all no sugar added of course, sparkling apple cider too. Some of the finger food would be bacon wrapped scallops, Texas Bread with provolone cheese melted squares, crinkle french fries extra crispy Ore-Ida brand of course, shrimp cocktails, apple wood ham slices with cheddar cheese on butter crackers, roast beef slices with au jus near by. We'll have a dessert table serve slices of Dobash cake,no sugar added apple pie, no sugar added peach pie, custard pie and pumpkin pie last and not least chewy brownie squares with lots of walnuts.
    Guest list:
    1. Grandpa
    2. Grandma
    3. Uncle Morris
    4. Dad
    5. Aunt Betsy
    6. Nostradamus

Why aside of family would I have on my luncheon guest list? I have lots to ask Nostradamus too.:)

7. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh myyyyyy! @Krissttina Isobe , if Nostradamus can't make it, can I be a proxy invite? Please please!? Bacon wrapped scallops... my all-time favorite food. The whole menu sounds delightful and... I'll help with the dishes! :D

8. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

As I created this thread, I suppose I should name names. Okay, here are my invitees:

Charles Darwin
    Constance Markiewicz
    Ernesto 'Che' Guevara
    Mary Wollstonecraft
    Nelson Mandela
    David Attenborough

9. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Final draft of my guest list-

Mary Magdalene
    Benjamin Franklin
    Julia Child
    George Washington
    Ludwig Van Beethoven (before he went deaf)
    King Henry the 8th

I'm thinking if Beethoven gets feisty, Julia will straighten him out but if not, Henry will!

10. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes it would be good fun to have a SO party, where would meet though, maybe a space station would be fun.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

We would meet in Fresno of course! Better yet, Holly's villa in Spain sounds good. Terry you can pick up the airfare tabs. :)

12. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Very hard question...but if I was having the dinner party this week, and my invitations were going out tonight (presuming for the sake of this thread that everyone was alive of course) then my 6 would be...

Barack Obama and....

.. Donald Trump.. I'd love to see the political fireworks......and also not knowing nearly enough about American politics I'd love to be the devils advocate between the 2 of them..

Barbra Streisand to sing (love her voice) and calm everyone down when things get too heated..and for the thinking men's eye candy :D

Stephen fry, one of our best intellectual comedians and raconteurs , and great story teller..

Orson Welles...for all the gossip about old hollywood stars!! (i'm currently reading one of his books)

Leonardo Da Vinci...because not only is he one of our greatest artists, but his list of Inventions are almost too much to believe and soo way ahead of their time so I would like him to come to dinner to find out in fact if he was actually an Alien, sent here from another planet!! :D

13. Ruby Begonia

Registered

@Holly Saunders , oh yes Stephan Fry, I saw his show on America when he traveled through many of the states. He's so nice, and very funny! He would be a great guest.

Terry Page and Holly Saunders like this.
  14. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Ha Ha I only travel economy and Lisa shares my seat so it will be a cram

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Number 5 for me would be one of the Kardashians, just to see up close how plastic they really are.

Still thinking about my last guest.....I'm too OCD for this. Thinking way too hard because my choices have to be perfect, lol.