Family Reunion

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Corie Henson, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Last Sunday we attended the family reunion of my mother. It's actually a clan reunion where my mother's 3 surviving siblings came with their families - children and grandchildren. It was a happy one with full of tears when the 4 siblings met. My mother is the eldest. It's just sad that stroke is in our medical history because my mother was hit by a stroke 5 years ago. I only learned lately that 2 of my mother's sisters are also stroke victims so that makes 3 of them. And since I have medications for high blood maybe I should be more conscious of my health condition.

But on a good note, the reunion was fun with everyone introducing themselves. And the food was a pot luck style where everyone brought what they could afford.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Your family reunion sounds so beautiful! Family reunions are so nice. When I was little my Grandparents held family get together's every Sunday. We'd all get together and have a luncheon and we children would play together. We grew up like brothers and sisters because of our Sunday gatherings. Love family reunions!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Our recent reunion in the province is both happy and sad. Meeting the younger generation is a nice feeling particularly the children. And some of the nephews and nieces are now married and with their families. Most of them looked okay but some looked needy in life. Here's the photo of the surviving siblings of my mother. Standing is Baby, the youngest girl, and Rudy, the youngest boy who is staying in Delaware, US. In wheelchair are Helen who stays in Australia and my mother who is the oldest in the brood. Both Helen and my mother are hit by stroke leaving half of their body paralyzed. IMG_9244 siblings.JPG