Family Camping

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Corie Henson, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

We go on a camping at least once a year as part of the family bonding. This is aside from the vacations in beach resorts and mountain resort (where we stay in a villa). What's good in camping is the cooking that we do. Everyone helps otherwise we wouldn't have a decent meal.

Our last camping was in May in celebration of the birthday or my niece. It was an overnight camping and we slept in tents, all of us 25 or so adults. Ovenight camping is like being a girl scout again. Conversations are lively and stories are mostly funny. It is one good family affair that I cherish.

Here is a photo of the after dinner barbecue of hotdogs and marshmallows. The girl in white between 2 boys is my niece who celebrated her 19th birthday. IMG_2569 camping.JPG

Ike Willis and Magalina Lilis like this.
  2. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

You guys were having a very good time at your party. I wish we had the beach closer so that we could have beach parties like your camping party. When we lived in California we had a few beach parties, ah memories.

Corie Henson likes this.
  3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

When we go to the beach, we often stay in the accommodation which is like a hotel room, complete with tv and refrigerator. So our beach resort vacations cannot be considered camping much more so that we take our meals in the resort's restaurant. Even in the mountain resort that we had been to last summer, we stayed in a villa with facilites.

When the children were still in grade school, they would pitch a tent in our backyard and have barbecue. It's a simple activity that now gave us good memories. We would be providing the charcoal and everything so the kids would have fun. The rechargeable lamp and flashlights are all used. But the climax would be at around midnight when the kids would be knocking on the door to sleep in the house. That's always the case with the backyard camping. They are all excited even before dinner but after a few hours in the tent, they would be scared and abort the camping activity.