Elon Musk

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ed Wilson, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have no use for Twitter, everyone has seen how long winded I am. In my youth conversation was welcomed and today it is not welcome on most levels. People tend to be so wrapped up with their own views everyone else is up to something evil or intruding into other peoples business. Maybe 74 years ago people were a heck of lot friendlier and needed no chance to write a couple words to describe what they were thinking, so they made it a point to be long winded and have an actual conversation so they covered everything needing coverage. Now on a different level when I was young and my folks had other grownups over if I made the mistake of walking into the house while they were talking, I was told to get to hell out of the house and go play. Music to my ears and playing was fine with me.

Tom Galty and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Sounds like seniorsonly.club

John West and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Mary Stetler

Registered

My dad (and sometimes I) told jokes that way; a long prelude, longs detailed story, suspense and then......PUNCHLINE.
    People would look bewildered, back and forth to each other and then break out laughing. It's an art telling a good story and keeping everyone's attention.
    Of course, I am also good at verbal rabbit punching.

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Things are definitely changing at Twitter headquarters ! Even overnight, people are being reinstated that were banned before. The Babylon Bee account is back again now, too.
    Elon Musk has a team of his top people from the Tesla Corporation and Space-X at Twitter checking through the codes, and these people literally ARE rocket scientists.
    Someone said that President Trump would have his personal account back by Monday, and I am happily waiting to see if that happens. He posted on Truth Social that he was glad for Musk owning Twitter.
    Since Musk bought up all of the shares and Twitter is now a privately held company, and it is off of the NYSE, no one can even buy shares right now.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  5. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

I just mentally looked at my list of heroes. Nope, Elon's name is not on the list.

Nancy Hart and Beth Gallagher like this.
  6. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

What Musk did was somewhat heroic but it may be premature to bestow hero status on him.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

For Halloween, Musk had a baphomet costume, which is definitely satanic. Pictures show the goats-head with the upside down satanic cross on it and the blood red costume.
    We know most of these people are playing roles, and it is almost impossible to tell which side they are really on.
    At least, he does seem to be opening up Twitter for more of the conservative voices to be heard again, and I am happy to see that.

I do not want to post the picture here, but it is online at Twitter, and probably elsewhere.

8. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

i don't know anything about him...even if i research...still won't

9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

I had no opinion of Musk until today, when he attained jerk status, in my opinion. His Tweet on the Paul Pelosi incident, which he left up just long enough to get attention, then deleted:

“There is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye” and then shared a link to an article in the Santa Monica Observer. The article alleges that Mr. Pelosi was drunk and in a fight with a male prostitute.

Another rich coward who needs constant attention. No matter what the consequences.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Shortly after that, Twitter removed Viva Frei's podcast in which he was questioning the information available about the Paul Pelosi incident.

11. Mary Stetler

Registered

I have never been to twitter. But it is a difficult situation. It can use our own Constitution's 1st amendment for and against us. Just as many of our laws can be used for and against us now. The cartels in Oregon are using laws that protect private property to keep their tracts of land safe (10th?) for drug and human trafficing .
    Elon Musk is a troubled genius. He says his mind is going all the time and he can't shut it off. He has so many irons in the fire I don't know how he keeps them straight. He tries to solve our problems. He came up with a great line of cars, answering the green call. Biden met with all the green car companies, except his, to talk about financial aid. He has an idea for solar roofs and windows, tiny houses, privatized trips to outer space...
    He may not be a hero but he seems to be like the renaissance geniuses.
    Lots of media kept the Pelosi incident on the down low and lots of them had the gay drunken aspects in them. Maybe twitter should not gossip without knowing for sure but, isn't that what it was set up for, in a way?

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’m pretty cautious about picking a hero.

Since I’m not a Twitter user nor can afford a Tesla or any other electric car, I have no opinion.
    That said, he gained a lot of credit from me when he provided those in Ukraine and the storm devastated state of Florida the use of StarLink free of charge.
    He has also supplied rides to the Space Lab for American astronauts and scientists instead of having to depend on paying Russia and China for the trips.

Now, so far as what he wrote in reference to Paul Pelosi?
    We have to note that everything we have written on this forum is accessible to everyone on the planet and just because he wrote on a more frequented format than this one doesn’t make us any better or worse than he.
    And also note. He OWNS his own format and can use his 1st Amendment's rights the same as we on do a format that we do NOT own.
    Note 2: We also think better of things after posting and have the privilege to delete our posts which most of us have done on more than a few occasions.
    I’m not gonna be the pot calling the kettle black.

13. Ken Anderson

I have deleted posts that I have made here, and I have edited them even more often. Usually, it's because I realize that what I had posted might be perceived as rude, and there have been other times when I simply decided that I didn't want to join that fight after all, or I may have second-guessed my source and decided to look more carefully into it.

I wish I could let everyone edit their posts but we've all seen members leave the forum in anger and, having administered several forums over the years, I can tell you that many of them will stay up all night deleting or editing out the content of all of their posts before they leave, much as they remove their avatar here, and that renders every thread they have participated in useless.

At least half the time, I don't even know that someone's angry until they leave their drama message on the way out.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Exactly. I don't see how posting There is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eyeis reason to decide the guy is a loser, because that is exactly what I think. I have no opinion of Musk one way or another except he seems to be another ego-driven loudmouth. I've never been on Twitter and have no plan to ever be, so I couldn't care less who owns the platform.

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Twitter was a good marketing platform when I was marketing stuff but I haven't been there in years. It's not a platform that I enjoy. A lot of people follow Twitter because they're enamored with whatever their idols might say or because they're hoping they'll be noticed by someone important. One of John Lennon's kids (I don't remember which now) retweeted something I had said there once, so that gives you a momentary rush but, as you might be able to tell from the fact that I don't remember now if it was Julian or Sean, it wasn't a life-changing event. I'm absolutely certain that he paid no attention to whose tweet he was retweeting so I'm quite sure he's not wondering what I'm doing these days, either.

Bobby Cole likes this.