Elon Musk

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ed Wilson, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Going to a gold standard would mean a depression the likes of which has never been seen, but would lead to stability eventually. If you remember $32 per ounce gold in the mid-20th century.... We left metals as a standard because we had printed more money than we had the gold and silver to back.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If we do make it back to where our money is actually gold-backed again, I do not think that it is going to happen just yet. What I have wondered is whether they are just going to let Biden keep running the country underwater financially, as he loses all of his support.
    It seems that a tide IS turning. More and more people are actually looking at what is happening, and starting not to believe what the media tells them anymore.
    If President Trump were put back into his rightful office now, there would still be major upheavals about that happening, so my thought is that we still have to go further down before enough people are ready to listen to truth, and to want to have changes made in the government.

Unless something really drastic happens, I do not see much changing until probably this fall or winter, when Americans are really feeling the hurt from the economy and the shortages; but I do expect it to affect the elections this fall.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

It appears food will be the big issue in the fall and winter, even in the U.S. and Canada. The war will probably get larger, but we may not be able to arm ourselves as a nation. This is a conspiracy and only from one source but a fairly reputable one, that the shutdown in Shanghai, the world's largest port, had nothing to do with Covid. This person wrote that the U.S. actually relies on China for parts for many of our high-tech weaponry, and we have shipped almost a third of our stockpiles to Ukraine. The shutdown of Shanghai was to prevent the U.S. from rebuilding our stocks of weapons should we try to take action against China or Russia more directly. The war is, in part, an attempt to distract the U.S. population form what is being done to the country, thinking we will unite behind in administration when a foreign war occurs. As new alliances build and existing ones expand, it looks a lot like the buildup to WWI, where a small European conflict in the Balkans became a world war resulting in millions of deaths topped off by a real pandemic.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno Hedi.
    It’s never supposed to be about the person but instead, what you think of the product.

I can’t stand John Kerry nor his wife but I still eat Heinz Pickles. Chick Filet’s owner has his beliefs and there are those who have boycotted the business because of those beliefs even though the product is excellent.

If a product is bad then so be it but it seems that many people deny themselves of so much all because of what they think of the owner of the business.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I doubt that Elon Musk has become a conservative, although he may share some conservative views, such as honoring freedom of speech and thought, which the left abhors. While I am happy that he bought Twitter because he may move the platform away from its policies of prohibiting non-leftist views, I wouldn't view him as a hero. I see him as being similar to Trump in that he is not a conservative, but perhaps he has a sense of fairness that will make things better.

Al Amoling and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

My thinking about Musk is pretty close to yours, Yvonne. The bit about uploading everyone to an AI is worrisome.

Max Igan has doubts about Musk also. This video covers several topics besides Musk including the portable artificial wombs they want to perfect. This will rob women of the gift and worth of bearing children. Children born this way are sure to be psychopaths for reasons too complex to go into here.

This episode, called Grow Your Own, from Max is worth listening to as he has a gift for painting a picture of how it all ties together.

https://thecrowhouse.com/gyo.html

8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

All you want to know about Elon Musk and some things you never thought you’d want to know.
    Here’s a very lengthy but interesting (to me) video that pretty much serves as a tell all and the best part is that it’s an interview between the Babylon Bee staff and Mr. Musk.
    There’s a few dry spots and it’s obvious that Musk weighs the questioning before answering but still, the overall from me is 5 stars.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

One of the things that Elon Musk has done that I think is really great, is that he is helping people to understand more about autism, Asperger’s, and how many people have this and do not even know it.
    We hear a lot about it now, but mostly just as it pertains to children, because they are the ones usually diagnosed with this disability.

When we were growing up, you never really heard of kids that were on the autism spectrum, just like we dind’t know about dyslexia. Kids that had one of these issues were simply considered to be poor learners, or just not cooperative in the classroom.

Elon Musk has spoke about having autism, and how it has affected his life, from childhood, and even now, as a multi-billionaire.
    He explained that most of us probably know someone (like him) who takes everything literally, doesn’t understand when someone is joking with them, and often thinks a sarcastic statement is just a question, so they answer as if the person were asking them a question.
    He said this gave him a lot of trouble, especially when he was in school, because he took anything completely literally, and tried to give an honest answer to whatever someone said to him, so he missed the subtle meanings in the conversation.

I hadn’t given it much thought before, I guess because no one ever mentioned things like Asperger’s when I was growing up, and I just assumed that this was the way that some people are.
    We probably ALL know other people our age who fit the description of being somewhere on the autism spectrum, but the person does not know it, so it is never mentioned that they have this condition.
    Unfortunately, this causes people who don’t understand about autism, to try and bait people who have this disability, because they think that it is fun to do.

Don Alaska and Ken Anderson like this.
  10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I have a SIL with Asperger's. He has a real problem dealing with crowds.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Interesting on Musk, he's very bright and I believe impulsive,,,wants everyone in the high priced EV's and of course the high priced solar push...

Just viewed yesterday a Tesla EV bus explode in Paris...

12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/elon-musk-says-hes-terminating-213221244.html
    [​IMG]
    Elon Musk says he's terminating Twitter deal, board to fight

Elon Musk’s tumultuous $44 billion bid to buy Twitter is on the verge of collapse — after the Tesla CEO sent a letter to Twitter's board Friday saying he is terminating the acquisition.

The chair of Twitter's board, Bret Taylor, tweeted Friday that the board is “committed to closing the transaction on the price and terms agreed upon with Mr. Musk and plans to pursue legal action to enforce the merger agreement. We are confident we will prevail in the Delaware Court of Chancery.”

13. Yvonne Smith

I think that this is not the end of the whole thing.
    When Elon Musk made his offer, he was given the numbers of people and amount of users who were real and who were bots; but the numbers that they gave him were not the correct numbers. Once they investigated and found that a whole lot more of the registered users are actually bot accounts, then that changed everything.
    If you go to buy a dozen eggs and find only 5 real eggs and 7 styrofoam eggs in the carton, you are not going to purchase it; and i don’t think that they can force Musk to go through with the purchase at the price he offered .

I have two thoughts about this. One is that Musk never actually intended to buy Twitter, but he wanted to expose the fraudulent accounts, and deceitful practices that Twitter was doing.
    The second thought is that he does intend to purchase it; but the stock is about to tank, and it is going to be worth a whole lot less money very soon; so he can make another deal and get Twitter at a much lower price.
    Since he was misinformed about the fake accounts, they can’t force him to continue with the first contract price; but they can re-negotiate for something that reflects the actual value better.

14. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Agree here !

15. Yvonne Smith

From what Elon Musk posted on his Twitter page today, his idea of himself seems pretty close to what you said, @Ken Anderson . He has officially taken over control of Twitter, starting today, it looks like . He posted a picture of himself walking into the building carrying a sink in his arms, and the caption was “let this sink in”.

He wrote a post explaining why he decided to buy Twitter, too, and you can read it on his home page. For anyone who does not use Twitter, here is basically what I got out of it.
    He believes that the world needs a “town square” where we can all speak up safely and make our ideas heard, and he thinks that a digital platform like Twitter is the best way to do that.

He explained that most of the social media platforms we have now tend to lean hard either to the right or to the left ( in America) and other views are not allowed on the platform.
    He wants a place where people of all beliefs can express themself, as long as they do it with respect and consideration for other people, so NO attacks just because someone disagrees with another person.

He said that he cares about humanity, and he does not know of this new Twitter will work or not, but he feels like he has to at least try and make the world better.

Ken Anderson and Bobby Cole like this.