Easter Meal

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Frank Sanoica, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Easter was always one of the holiday family get-togethers for my folks and I, and my sister and her family. Alternated between our house and my sister's. My Mother's meals were always heavily weighted by Czech cuisine, my sister's not so much. We nearly always had Czech dumplings with sauerkraut or cabbage, turkey or duck, and usually ham, and of course all the trimmings. After over 40 years with me, my wife, who grew up eating standard Hoosier fare, has become adept at dumpling-making! First, I made up a large Czech Kolac, topped with apricots. Here it is baking in our Sharp convection oven:

[​IMG]

I found afterward the apricots would have looked better half-side up, but, oh, well!

[​IMG]

We had bought a big whole chicken for today's gluttony: it weighs 7 pounds. Here it is being baked in the Micro-convection oven, using both convection heat and microwaving:

[​IMG]

The whole spread waiting:

[​IMG]

My plate:

[​IMG]

That's Czech dill gravy spread over sauerkraut over the cut up dumpling. My wife added beets, deviled eggs, and dinner horns. A wonderful meal for this once a year day!

Frank

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yummy! Looks good, Frank. Tell me about that dill gravy. :D

The apricot Kolac looks good, too.

Frank Sanoica likes this.