Drugs & Pacemaker For Atrial Fib

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lon Tanner, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Well-Known Member
    Registered

Over the 27 years that I have lived with Atrial Fib the Cardiologists have had me taking a variety of different meds to control it. All to no avail. A couple of ABLATIONS worked for a while. Along with my recent Pacemaker installation the docs had me taking a couple of drugs daily. For three weeks I suffered from Chronic Fatigue on a daily basis that was almost unbearable. The drugs were lowering my blood pressure to dangerous levels.
    VOILA!!!! Guess What? Yep. took me off all meds and let the Pacemaker do it's job and no more fatigue or A Fib.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow! That's great news @Lon Tanner. I'm so happy for you. And I hope your hearing implants will bring even more good news and joy to your life. :)

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

That is absolutely great, @Lon Tanner . Sometimes the meds do more harm than good.

4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Great news, Lon.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

How is the pacemaker doing , @Lon Tanner ? My cardiologist said that was probably the next step for me if the last ablation didn’t work, and that they had ablated everything that could be done.
    Most of the time, I am fine; but I still have episodes of a-fib, and it has been over two months now; so I am worrying again. My blood pressure has been running low, around 100/55; but this morning, it is crazy high at 163/100, plus the a-fib, although I am not having the racing heartbeat this time, and it is still at about 55 when I checked my BP and heart rate.
    I know they want to get me off the amioderone because of possible liver damage, but since that is what is supposed to be controlling the a-fib, it is not looking like they can take me off of it yet.
    You are the only one here who has had these same issues, so I am hoping that you can help me with this, and what to expect.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Well-Known Member
    Registered

My Pacemaker is doing just fine Yvonne. I don't even know it's there and I like being off all heart meds and just take the blood thinner Elequis. Like you, They ran out of hot spots with my ablations and thus the PACEMAKER.
    I use a simple but accurate wrist Blood Pressure Meter and test periodically to just be sure the meter is doing it's job.
    I joined a Pacemaker Chat Group on line and hear from these people that Pacemakers very seldom have problems. Your Cardio will check it periodically. BTW The Diltiazem that I was taking before my ablation, dropped my blood pressure so low I developed Chronic Fatigue and was a pretty sick cookie. That's what brought about the final Ablation and Pacemaker.
    I wish you the best Yvonne as you go through all your procedures.

Yvonne Smith likes this.