Downloading 712 Pictures

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Hal Pollner, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I believe tinypic is owned by Photobucket..and PB is just rubbish now unless you're a paying customer, so although Tinypic is free it can be a bit of a faff to use... so I no longer use it, since removing all my pics from PB...

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Wasn't that just a giant clusterfrack when Photobucket pulled that nonsense a few years ago?? I'm still mad at them, and I can't imagine how they are surviving except they had a bunch of commercial customers by the short hairs. Very poor business, IMO.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh you're soo right, I'm the same, still MAD AS Hell at them, ..and I damn well refuse to pay now.. The greed was beyond belief.. ask for a few pounds annually at first perhaps and maybe raise it a pound or 2 each year but £400, for photos that have been stored for free, straight off the bat or we're holding your pictures ransom? ..not out of my purse, no sirrrreeee..

I agree, I just don't know whose paying for it aside potentially commercial customers, but I read that those ordinary joes who did choose to pay ..were still blocked out, and could neither get in to get their original photos, nor get a return of their money!!

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My wife has a Mac Mini and an iPad, and I have a 27" iMac as well as a MacBook Pro. Unfortunately, my iMac is a 2010 model and it won't upgrade to the latest OS. It still works fine, though.

For a Mac, there are several photo resizing programs that will allow you to resize multiple photos at a time, some of which allow you to rename them at the same time. I am pretty sure that Windows has something similar.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Registered

I have windows on my laptop but I rarely use the laptop except when I'm on holiday or when I used to be away on business, and then I have to get used to working a different way again.. however I always take my ipad as a back up...

6. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Nyaaaaahhh...:cool:

Harry